Thread: Crown Graphic dismantle

Crown Graphic dismantle

I am in process of dismantling my "new" crown graphic. I would like to do away with the built in shutter release mechanism, but have hit a snag. I cannot remove the front rise locking knobs! The knobs do not simply unscrew. I see a slotted screw that the knob turns on ( see pics). I looks like someone in the past has tried to do something with these knobs because the slots are messed up. Would these be a reverse thread? Just reaching back inside the body to detach the cable from the button looks like fun too! Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0120 copy.jpg   IMG_0119 copy.jpg  

Re: Graflex dismantle

I see no big deal to leave it original, you can still use a cable release on the lens. Is it causing a problem?

Re: Graflex dismantle

I would like to free up space around the knob and I think the plate behind the knob is interfering with both sides adjusting evenly when bottoming out the rise.

Re: Crown Graphic dismantle

I think that knob will just unscrew but it's kinda tight on the last few turns so it does not come off accidentally.

I was hoping that was the case, but I did not want to force anything. As you can see in the pics, the end are buggered up a bit. How is the threaded shaft mounted behind the standard?

It will unscrew as JP said. The top of the stud is expanded slightly by means of that slot to keep it from unscrewing in normal operation.