Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bausch & Lomb 159mm F2 Super Cinephor

Re: Bausch & Lomb 159mm F2 Super Cinephor

Super Cinephors with Makiflex Standard by Nokton48, on Flickr

Look what arrived this afternoon. After five minutes in fading sunlight outside, I can see this bigger Cinephor fits the bill. On the Makiflex it will focus out to about twelve or so a bit further feet out, so incredibly useful to me. The shorter Cinephor works only for extreme close ups on the Makis (about 18"x18" or so). The bokeh is gorgeous, the DOF thin as a sheet of paper. Absolutely love the "look" of it!

Next I will be trying these on my 4x5" and 5x7 Sinar Normas.

Working with these lenses is like lifting weights in a gym.
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 26-Dec-2018 at 17:44.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

159mm Super Cinephor Making Lensboard by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here I am making a lens board for my 159mm F2 B&L Super Cinephor. This will involve a fair amount of metal cutting. I will use my electric scroll saw to cut the hole, and then use a fine metal file for the final hole shaping. This will take some time to do properly. Then I will re-do the foam light seals on the lensboard. Finally then I will epoxy (I use JB Weld) to glue the lens to the board. Overall a time consuming but necessary photo project.

There simply isn't room inside the Makiflex Standard body to fit a recessed board. The rear cell on this Monster -just- fits inside the camera throat as it is. It's a very tight squeeze. I might be able to shave 5mm off the rear lip of the lens, that would get me closer to the film plane and extend max shooting distance. We will see as this progresses.

― Mark Twain

Although this is basically about about a 4x5 lens, perhaps the use of Makiflex as the camera to which it is "Joined" means the thread should be moved to the lounge?

Super Cinephor Sinar Norma Board by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here I have mounted the lens to a Sinar Norma board, using Lowes Rubber Sewer 3" Fitting, and Hose Clamp. So with this setup I can shoot with my 8x10" Norma, 5x7" Norma, or my 4x5" Normas. Much testing and fun ahead.

Peco Jr to Sinar Norma Adapter Board by Nokton48, on Flickr

Actually what I have in mind, is to make a Plaubel Peco Jr. to Sinar Norma Adapter Board, so this lens could then go on my Makiflexes (for handheld shooting!) or any of the Normas in my studio. Will require much measuring to get this one -just- to fit everything.

9x12cm J Lane Dry Plates by Nokton48, on Flickr

I've ordered twenty 9x12cm J Lane Dry Plates to shoot in the Makiflexes, could also go into 4x5" Normas. I can also shoot 4x5" sheet film in the Makiflexes. Looking forward to that!

― Mark Twain