Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Best Photograph from the Previous Month - Critique and Discussion Encouraged

Re: Your Best Photograph from the Previous Month - Critique and Discussion Encouraged

Excellent. Fingers are crossed!

Re: Your Best Photograph from the Previous Month - Critique and Discussion Encouraged

Monolith. 4x5. Remember that when you think you are seeing giants, they may not be giants at all; perhaps it is you who is the dwarf.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img029.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	198099
    Last edited by Mango Triples; 3-Dec-2019 at 09:20.

Agree! Break a leg, NOT!

Old show biz admonation...

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    Excellent. Fingers are crossed!
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Agree! Break a leg, NOT! Old show biz admonation...
    Yes, I know! But that risk is higher when I am taking photographs than any other time -- sometimes I have to ask myself if a 65 yr old should be up here with 60 pounds of equipment. I usually have to answer, yes, since I'm already there.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

As long as I have my Chamonix 4x5 or even a 5x7/8x10 version I am good. When I gotta lug an 8x10 Toyo forget it, I would take up knitting or go digital. That said, your still out there so keep it going!

Here is another Toroweep shot. Grand Canyon Northwest rim. Shot with Toyo 45 (felt like it weighed a ton) 75mm Nikkor f/4.5@f/32 I believe. Portra160, metered at 160. Standard developing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Triples View Post
    Monolith. 4x5. Remember that when you think you are seeing giants, they may not be giants at all; perhaps it is you who is the dwarf.

Attachment 197589
    The link does not work for me -- I get an error message saying "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Bump up for some reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    Bump up for some reviews
    Ok, Toroweep shot in post #368 above. Looking at it at first I wanted to keep going. But now that I look again, I love the balance of red, blue and yellow. Compositionally I think you have the sweet spot. I’d almost like to see more detail in the blue shadow, but it’s good the way it is. I don’t this would come off in B & W.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

A few slight changes for your consideration.