Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need direction with older HC-110

Re: Need direction with older HC-110

Mixing with (warm) water helps mix the solution faster. instead of standing there stirring for a couple minutes.
    In the past, I've mixed HC-110 like Nodda, using squeeze-out-the-air storage bottles to hold the mixed, warm solution.
    Did this in the morning before leaving the house for work, then it has all day to cool down and when I'm home, I open the bottle, and process film. Never had a problem doing this method.

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Doremus Scudder View Post
    It's easy to mix smaller quantities of working solution directly from the concentrate by using a syringe or graduated pipette to measure the syrup. Rinse the syringe well in the solution, mix well and top up with water to make the total. Yes, you have to mix well, but a few minutes of stirring does the job just fine.

Use half-ounce of syrup for 16 oz. of working solution 1+31, or one oz. of syrup for 32 oz. of working solution. If you like metric, then 15ml of syrup for 480ml of working solution, etc., etc. Other dilutions are just as easy.

Best,

Doremus
    Thanks!
    Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Keith, I found that page but wasn't sure it applies to this older stuff.

Doremus, it's making more sense. I wasn't sure the solutions I was seeing for todays available HC-110 were the same as this red thick stuff. I guess what they are selling today is the equivalent of "stock" solution to be prepare from the bottle. I picked the 1:31 for not particular reason, it was just in front of me and seems to be a common mixture.

Quote Originally Posted by photobiker View Post
    Keith, I found that page but wasn't sure it applies to this older stuff.
    The stuff you have will have turned a darker colour due to age. Having said that, the current product starts off a lighter colour than the older version (to my eye, anyway). The standard dilutions for the current version are the same as for the bottles you have. Actual working development times may vary between new and old, however, and you may want to do some fresh tests for standard development times if you exhaust your supply and decide to buy some of the current version.
    Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I mix HC-110 directly from concentrate, as needed, and use it only one-shot. I have been told that HC-110 lasts forever in concentrate. Some claim that usable bottles were discovered in ancient Greek shipping vessels, along with jars of olive oil and wine. I can't vouch for that but it does last a long time, even if it changes to red.

The Covington page that several people have already mentioned should be your starting point. So many of us have used it and downloaded it just in case it disappears from the net. It is very useful.