I started shooting 4x5 when I shot architectural and interior work for commercial buildings in the 80s as well. I'd echo most of what was said above with a few added notes from a few real estate photographers I know who are currently working. To add to the above, I used to take light bulbs and replace wonky off-color lights in rooms so that color balancing was simpler. My goal was usually to balance to daylight and use tungsten for mood. I'm sure you've seen suggestions for lay-in gels for 4x2 and 2x2 fixtures as well.

The really important items that I've gotten from the young guns doing real-estate (residential) is:

1) It's a game of shooting fast and moving to the next shoot.
2) Know your client and their needs. They aren't paying for art. They are paying for documentation and good views. Color is secondary. Put a color checker in each room shot but don't forget to move it.
3) Shoot video. The days of still photos is quickly leaving that market at least here in Texas. Most people working here are using 3D capture systems so that they can provide virtual walk-thrus on the site.
4) Get a drone. I was looking for property last year and four of the properties (all by a local lake) provided video from a drone at different heights. I paid $150 for a 15 minute fly-over on another property.