Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone tried or have opinions on the Poilot PL810 sheet film reel and P2550 tank?

Re: Has anyone tried or have opinions on the Poilot PL810 sheet film reel and P2550 t

If you want a alternative to 3005, super cheap, find a clean old Beseler Color 11x14 drum. It will hold two sheets of 8x10 film, get a back and forth or see saw roller, or just roll around on a table top. I have 3005 tanks, so great. If you have a Jobo tank, core, and funnel type film lid the CL81 works very well. It's not 3D printed but machined plastic. I like the CL81 design, the scratching in the rebates is not an issue. Old SS film hangers left marks.

Re: Has anyone tried or have opinions on the Poilot PL810 sheet film reel and P2550 t

I have a 3005. I’d like to easily do 2-sided xray in my jobo.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

I tried the realfilmreel 4x5 reel just yesterday (NOTE: Therefore, this has nothing necessarily to do with the operation of their 8x10 reel).

In fact, I want to further preface my comments with a disclaimer in FAVOR of the manufacturer because I certainly don't want my sole and first experience with their product to end up torpedoing this small (tiny) manufacturer! So please remember this and take my comments, below, with a big grain of salt

OK, here goes:
    It was a real bear to load [the 4x5 reel]. I had to finally jury-rig a loading-ramp-jig-thang and —even with that— I could only load 5 of the 6 slots .. and of those, two films were stuck together once I opened the tank.

Again (third effort to not hurt this company), this was my first time using the reel . plus, their website clearly says, "It takes a little practice to load this reel". However, I'm not a beginner at this and I can usually tweek the loading of many types of reels and frames, so it's pretty unusual for me to have this level of trouble.. I therefore think it would be wise of realfilmreel to at least create —and offer CHEAPLY— a loading aid, at least for their 4x5 reel.

Fourth disclaimer in their favor: Don't let this prevent you from trying their products...Perhaps the 5x7 and 8x10 reels are easier to load (they can't be more difficult than the 4x5!) and it could well be that I'm simply lame at it! )

Here's a link to their website as of today's date (Feb. 13, 2020): https://realfilmreel.bigcartel.com/products

Long Live Film!

Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by Tim V View Post
    (Tim, I wrote this at post#23 and couldn't seem to delete it. Mr. Moderator, could you please delete that duplicate post?)

I tried the realfilmreel 4x5 reel just yesterday (NOTE: Therefore, this has nothing necessarily to do with the operation of their 8x10 reel).

In fact, I want to further preface my comments with a disclaimer in FAVOR of the manufacturer because I certainly don't want my sole and first experience with their product to end up torpedoing this small (tiny) manufacturer! So please remember this and take my comments, below, with a big grain of salt

OK, here goes:
    It was a real bear to load [the 4x5 reel]. I had to finally jury-rig a loading-ramp-jig-thang and —even with that— I could only load 5 of the 6 slots .. and of those, two films were stuck together once I opened the tank.

Again (third effort to not hurt this company), this was my first time using the reel . plus, their website clearly says, "It takes a little practice to load this reel". However, I'm not a beginner at this and I can usually tweek the loading of many types of reels and frames, so it's pretty unusual for me to have this level of trouble.. I therefore think it would be wise of realfilmreel to at least create —and offer CHEAPLY— a loading aid, at least for their 4x5 reel.

Fourth disclaimer in their favor: Don't let this prevent you from trying their products...Perhaps the 5x7 and 8x10 reels are easier to load (they certainly can't be more difficult than the 4x5!) and it could well be that I'm simply lame at it! )

Here's a link to their website as of today's date (Feb. 13, 2020): https://realfilmreel.bigcartel.com/products

Long Live Film!

Christopher