Thread: Can anyone tell me about the King Concepts Enterprise Automatic Still Film Processor?

Can anyone tell me about the King Concepts Enterprise Automatic Still Film Processor?

https://denver.craigslist.org/pho/d/...765943750.html
    I'm not actually intereseted in buying it just curious about it.
    Has anyone heard of one of these things?
    I assume it takes some sort of drum.
    Bryan

Re: Can anyone tell me about the King Concepts Enterprise Automatic Still Film Proces

I had one in the 1990s. It was a automated rotary processor, with different sized drums that took stainless steel reels. Mine did 4x5 and 8x10 too, but I can't recall what the reels looked like. It came with a set of different processes programmed in, including E-6, C-41, some generic B&W, as well as color printing. I hacked mine later to do Cibachrome too. It was a great machine, used a giant water bath up top to keep the chemicals at temperature, and rubber values that pushed open to allow the chemicals to run into the drums. I ran many hundreds of rolls of 35mm E-6 through mine, and can't recall any failures, or at least failures due to the machine.

Re: Can anyone tell me about the King Concepts Enterprise Automatic Still Film Proces

Make sure it has all the parts and equipment to process the film you shoot with.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

We used a similar Kings Concepts processor for many years to do multiple daily E-6 runs. Processor ran thousands of times without a single problem. Reels were proprietary and had clips to prevent the film from unraveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    We used a similar Kings Concepts processor for many years to do multiple daily E-6 runs. Processor ran thousands of times without a single problem. Reels were proprietary and had clips to prevent the film from unraveling.
    Did those proprietary reels fit snugly inside the drums? I'm setting up a King Concepts processor and have been having issues with reels bouncing around in there during developing and roughing up the edges of the film. Managed to stop the film from unraveling with a bit of tape but am curious about the size of the reels that came with the processor.

One of my employees ran the machine multiple times on a daily basis. I only ran the processor only a few times, but from my memory the proprietary OEM reels did fit snugly inside the drums, but not too tightly. The clips he forgot to use one time and he determined that they were really not needed, so from then on never used them and had no problems. The processor was run thousands of times till my department closed. It never failed us. I think that King Concepts subcontracted the reels from Kindermann based how they looked, but that's only an educated guess on my part. I do remember that King Concepts was a great manufacturer to deal with when we had questions... problems we never did have. Processing consistency was monitored constantly with test strips and never varied. If I were running E6 today, I would definitely find one to use.