Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bergger Pancro 400 is now available in 11X14 and 16X20

Bergger USA

Bergger Pancro 400 is now available in 11X14 and 16X20

Hi LFPF,

Sorry about the long radio silence, we have been busy at work, getting the new production runs of Pancro 400 going.
    I am now happy to report that our Bergger Pancro 400 film is now available in 11X14 and 16X20 cut sheet sizes.

These are the prices:
    11X14/25 189.95
    16X20/10 199.95

This ULF film will soon be available at the stores carrying Bergger products.
    If you need it sooner, dont hesitate to contact Bergger directly.
    All other sheet film sizes (4X5 5X7 and 8X10 as well as 120 roll film) are already on the way to vendors and should be available in the next few days.
    35mm film should follow in a short while.

ADM

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Re: Bergger Pancro 400 is now available in 11X14 and 16X20

ADM, any chance there will be 8x20 and 14x17 in the future?

How's the base + fog on the sheet film? I shot a roll of 120 a couple months ago and though I was quite pleased with it's tonality and sharpness, the base/fog was excessive, also noted by another user.

Quote Originally Posted by Anselmo DiMedici View Post
    Hi LFPF,

Sorry about the long radio silence, we have been busy at work, getting the new production runs of Pancro 400 going.
    I am now happy to report that our Bergger Pancro 400 film is now available in 11X14 and 16X20 cut sheet sizes.

These are the prices:
    11X14/25 189.95
    16X20/10 199.95

This ULF film will soon be available at the stores carrying Bergger products.
    If you need it sooner, dont hesitate to contact Bergger directly.
    All other sheet film sizes (4X5 5X7 and 8X10 as well as 120 roll film) are already on the way to vendors and should be available in the next few days.
    35mm film should follow in a short while.

ADM
    Can you comment on why Pancro400 has been unavailable in the USA for 6 months now? Its been very frustrating, waiting and waiting to buy fresh stock.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    How's the base + fog on the sheet film? I shot a roll of 120 a couple months ago and though I was quite pleased with it's tonality and sharpness, the base/fog was excessive, also noted by another user.
    Sounds like my 2006 Bergger 200 I have in 14x17. How bad was it?

Bergger USA

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    Please contact us directly so we can address this issue, we have not had any direct requests regarding this issue.

As to the other comments:

Bergger Pancro 400 is a brand new (now 3 years young), independent production, developed and produced directly by Bergger, in a dedicated facility, which makes no other films, for any other company, other than Bergger.
    It has nothing to do with the "old Bergger" films like BRF 200 or any others.

As to the long lead in getting this product back on the shelves:
    Over the past few years, Pancro has been outselling our production beyond every expectation we could have had. We have been patiently waiting for the latest production run to be completed, and shipped over. Sadly, we did have a longer than expected transit on the last shipment which means we are now about 3 weeks behind Europe in restocking Pancro 400. With that said, Pancro 400 roll and sheet film is on the way to vendors across the US as i am typing these words.

As a side note - the ULF films are currently only available in the US.
    More sizes are in the works, though i am not yet sure what would be standardized as regular stock.
    We are happy to take requests for special orders, our MOQ (min. order quantity), is very low - please feel free to contact us directly to request/pre order any special size cut film.

ADM

Quote Originally Posted by Anselmo DiMedici View Post
    ...Bergger Pancro 400 is a brand new (now 3 years young), independent production, developed and produced directly by Bergger, in a dedicated facility, which makes no other films, for any other company, other than Bergger...
    Are you saying Bergger coats, cuts and packages this film? On its own coating line? If so, where is that facility and what else, if anything, like paper, does it coat/confection? Thank you in advance for your reply.

As far as the base goes, I recall it being kinda "snowy" sorta like T-Max P3200. It seems better in 4x5 but not as clear as, say, TMX sheets. In fairness, I haven't printed many shots from Pancro 400, and when I did it was 35mm. I've mostly scanned 120 and 4x5 though will be printing some 4x5's soonish. I found it printed well in 35mm. Quite beautiful tones too on paper.

It was noticeably grainy, which is why I wanted to try it in 4x5 (since I rather like the look and can minimize the grain in sheets). It has nothing to do with the photos themselves, but the box the sheets come in is very nice and the sheets are packaged in the box very very well in my opinion.

I have noticed that while I seem to be happy with shooting it at 400 in the 35mm and 120 tests I've done, I tended to get thinner negatives with it in 4x5 relative to TMX. I shot a few sheets at 200 this weekend and they turned out better. I think for me 320 may be the sweet spot or I add a bit of time to development perhaps (I'm using XTOL Replenished in this case).

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Are you saying Bergger coats, cuts and packages this film? On its own coating line? If so, where is that facility and what else, if anything, like paper, does it coat/confection? Thank you in advance for your reply.
    Yesterday's post #8 brought this thread back into view. I hadn't paid it any attention since December 6. The OP's profile indicates he'd been back here on December 9. Yet he hasn't answered any of my questions from post #7. Anyone know why that is?

Is there any news regarding the availability of Bergger sheet film in 2022?