Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cascade Film Holder Case velcro-attached shoulder straps - Have they worked for you?

Re: Cascade Film Holder Case velcro-attached shoulder straps - Have they worked for y

Hi John:

You have stumbled onto the issue I am debating. Should I add the expense of adding permanently affixed 'D' rings or rely on an accessory that is fully an accessory. I am planning to expand the inside velcro loop strip to 1 1/2 inches to provide an greater surface for affixing the accessory D rings and shoulder straps. The input from the Large Format forum is largely responsible for many of the features of the current design, I am tossing this out there to get a consensus (if one develops)

Thanks so much for your input. it, like all of the others, is extremely valuable.

Bruce
    Bruce

Re: Cascade Film Holder Case velcro-attached shoulder straps - Have they worked for y

I don't have the cascade film holders, but are you the one that made the camera case and lens cases? If so, I love them. I would like the have some film holder cases too.

[QUOTE=gnuyork;1472538]I don't have the cascade film holders, but are you the one that made the camera case and lens cases? If so, I love them. I would like the have some film

I am the one. Glad you like them. I will be making some film holder cases. I am still gathering the materials to do so. Watch the For Sale area after the first of the year.

Bruce
    Bruce

Bruce, I guess I have to be curious. My 4x5 Cascade Holder has sewn-on D-rings. I use them occasionally (when I'm minimizing what I carry, and don't have the Cascade packed in my Redwing with all of your other goodies) and don't know if I would trust a velcro attachment. Did you change your design?

(For anyone who doesn't have Bruce's film holder cases, I fought against it for a while - "just one more thing to buy" - but since buying one years ago, have done a 180 - they really make field work easier and faster.)

Hi Peter:

Initially, I started sewing the D rings on the Cascade cases when the shoulder strap was ordered with the FHC. The Velcro version allowed me to meet the requests for the hundreds that were already sold. Finally, it allowed me to anticipate that some users wanted the shoulder straps. Having the velcro version pre-made allowed me to ship those orders without delay.

Thanks for your input. I am a fanatic when it comes to process improvement. For me, the Cascade film holder cases allow quick, orderly and routine handling for film holders. Protection is an added benefit.
    Bruce

Hi Bruce!

Love my Cascade in 4x5. For the way I work, I don't feel the need for a shoulder strap myself.

Really miss that availability of the rest of the PB line of storage boxes, but understand the reasons they are no longer produced.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!