Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from SF

Greetings from SF

Howdy all,

I finally got my Intrepid 4x5 a few days ago. It seems clear that this is meant to be a starter camera to ease oneself into LF. I also have 75mm, 90mm, and 150mm lens. Strangely, neither of the wides would focus, despite the camera being billed as usable down to 75mm, but flipping the bed around made them usable. Anyway, all I've shot so far is a roll of 120 in a 917 back. Looking forward to seeing how that comes out. Anyone else have any experience with the Shen Hao 917 back?

Foamer

Re: Greetings from SF

Doesn't 9x17 usually go on a 5x7 back? Anyway, what part of Sioux Falls do you live in?

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Ah, sorry, should have been clearer. I'm in San Francisco. I think that's true re: 9x17, but this is a kit made for 4x5 that sets the focal plane further back for the wider aspect ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    Anyway, what part of Sioux Falls do you live in?

Kent in SD
    I was going to ask the same thing, but Santa Fe. Good luck and enjoy the hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    Anyway, what part of Sioux Falls do you live in?

Kent in SD
    I was going to ask the same thing, except San Francisco.

Can’t help you with the 917 question but i’m Sure someone will chime in. Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new camera!!!

Roger

Btw: what part of SF do you live in? I'm out in the Sunset. You might recognize my avatar, it’s Ocean Beach near the Cliff House.

I’m in Cow Hollow if you want to meet up sometime. I have a 6x12 back somewhere you could try but mostly I shoot 8x10 these days. Waiting for my Chroma 4x5 .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Les

Welcome to LF forum. Ha, Brisbane was a cool place and miss it....left the fog at Daly City and glad I did.

Les

I'm in the Inner Richmond. I did some test shots from my roof. Negs look pretty good, scanning one now.

Thanks for the offer! This back has masks for 6x9 and 6x12. Congrats on the Chroma! I would have gone for one of them but I missed the Kickstarter.

Well, my first attempt. I took four shots from the roof of the building I live in, this was my favorite of the bunch. Unfortunately I wasn't able to figure out how to scan this in my Coolscan, so this is just a flatbed scan. I'd have liked more sharpness. If anyone has suggestions on how to scan 6x17 with a Coolscan I'd love to know the secret.