Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kang Rinpoche S 600 F11.5 (Chinese Fujinon C 600mm )

Kang Rinpoche S 600 F11.5 (Chinese Fujinon C 600mm )

I was looking for Fujinon C 600mm F11.5 and the lenses are sold for crazy $8000 on eBay.
    Recently I found Chinese brand Kang Rinpoche that produce the same lens and they say the lens is even better than the original.
    There are even some tests on their taobao page, if they can be trusted: LINK
    The lens with copal costs ¥13800 it is about $1900 (¥ 8800 without copal). Do you think it is worth buying? It is cheaper but it is some Chinese product and I doubt the quality.
    Perhaps it is better to buy a cheaper older original Fujinon? It is about $3000 on eBay.

I found a forum thread about the lens and there are these test images and more samples http://forum.xitek.com/thread-1788951-3-1-1.html
    they were at Photokina with the lens: http://forum.xitek.com/thread-1788951-1-1-1.html
    Last edited by olegkasko; 3-Dec-2018 at 14:49.

Re: Kang Rinpoche S 600 F11.5 (Chinese Fujinon C 600mm )

Beyond resolving power, a Fujinon C is EBC multicoated, what coating has the Kang Rinpoche ?

Then, for what you want the a C 600 ?

It's great to see that choice, but at $4000 CatLabs (https://www.catlabs.info/product/bra...fujinon-design) should be offering extensive technical information and a guarantee that samples have a consistent performance level. Fujinon LF glass was known to have very good QC with samples delivering a consistent level of performance.

Assuming you can order from Taobao, the exchange from the price in yuan is about $2,000, half the price quoted above.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Also available from the manufacturer on ebay (seller name 3s-krpc) for $2k.

Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Also available from the manufacturer on ebay (seller name 3s-krpc) for $2k.
    But this is not including shutter and (I guess) expenses at customs.

IIRC the last new copal 3 made were well over $1000...

The ebay offer requires you send a shutter to china to be mounted (aperture scale...) in the glass, so also add two fast and reliable overseas shippings...

So the catlabs offer is representative for the actual cost, plus regular commercial margin that may allow to provide a close customer support.

Of course by you sending a used shutter to china and dealing with customs you may save money, but less than it looks, and if having a problem you don't have a local dealer.

I was looking at this listing, which appears to include the shutter. Under quantity it says 10 are available. I couldn't see the listing you were looking at, and I would expect the price without shutter to be less.

You are right, it includes a used shutter, and ships from Hong Kong...

And the green reflections points it's MC...

hmmm, I guess they selected well the design to start with... only 4 elements and no balsam

It's amazing to see that... world is changing.

One of these days we may see a copal 3 electronic shutter from them, it won't be a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Casals View Post
    It's amazing to see that... world is changing.

One of these days we may see a copal 3 electronic shutter from them, it won't be a surprise.
    That's the intriguing part - if they can cobble together a whole Fujinon 600C why don't they do the same with a Copal 3 shuttter? I wonder. Did they suddenly get conscientious about the intellectual property?

Quote Originally Posted by Pfsor View Post
    That's the intriguing part - if they can cobble together a whole Fujinon 600C why don't they do the same with a Copal 3 shuttter? I wonder. Did they suddenly get conscientious about the intellectual property?
    Patents expire, or even you can file a new patent over a design if it is an improvement.

Of course making a size 3 shutter with a new electronic drive today would be the easiest way (IMHO), and this would not be prevented by other's industrial property.

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Casals View Post
    Patents expire, or even you can file a new patent over a design if it is an improvement.

Of course making a size 3 shutter with a new electronic drive today would be the easiest way (IMHO), and this would not be prevented by other's industrial property.
    If the Copal is an expired patent then the question stands even more - why don't they make it together with the lens? Much easier than buying used shutters and putting them to the new lens. And even easier than inventing (ouch!) a new electronic shutter - needing a control box nobody has... It intrigues me.