Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J. Lane Dry Plates to be stocked in Europe!

J. Lane Dry Plates to be stocked in Europe!

Hello to my dry plate shooting friends in Europe! Dust off your dry plate cameras and find those dry plate holders!

I am very pleased to announce that J. Lane Dry Plates will soon be available from Schwarzweiss Fotolabor in Dusseldorf, Germany! The first shipment of plates was sent out today and will arrive at their store sometime over the next few weeks. They are very excited to be stocking these plates, and have told me they are happy to ship to anyone in Europe including the UK!

Schwarzweiss Fotolabor and Pictoriographica share a mutual goal of providing the wonderfully unique dry plates to European photographers at a lower cost than if ordering them directly from me in the United States. They will initially be stocking plates in the following sizes:

4" x 5"
    5" x 7"
    8" x 10"
    Whole Plate
    9x12 cm

However, as always I can make plates in any size, so please contact them with your specific requests. Our plan is to ship plates -- both stock for their inventory and custom requests -- on a monthly (or faster as needed) basis.
    See their website at http://www.schwarzweiss-fotolabor.de/ for contact information.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to offer my sincere thanks for all the support and encouragement you as a community and as individuals have shown in my endeavor to supply dry plates to the world. It's very much appreciated!

Best Regards,
    Jason
    Newly made large format dry plates available! Look:
    https://www.pictoriographica.com

Foamer

Re: J. Lane Dry Plates to be stocked in Europe!

I've been having a lot of fun with the plates this year. They look good when combined with antique lenses.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Thanks, Kent. I'm glad you've been enjoying them, I like the pictures you have been making with them.

One note for you: I blew through about 4 batches of emulsion recently filling a backlog of orders, which provided me ample opportunity to evaluate batch-to-batch consistency. You've mentioned in the past that this is important (for good reason). I'm pretty happy with the consistency of results I've seen across those batches, and I'm currently ironing out a method to capture that data going forward.

Cheers,
    Jason

I wasn't even aware of www.schwarzweiss-fotolabor.de. Good to know they're there, and good to know that they carry your plates. I recently bought a couple of 8x10 plate holders... Hopefully, they will have pricing information on their website shortly.

Best,

Michael

Hey Michael, very cool!

I hadn't either, to be honest, until a customer in the Dusseldorf area put us in contact with each other. Thomas Ochs (who runs the store) is very supportive of small businesses in the photography community such as myself, Film Washi, etc., so he was pretty excited to stock the plates. He hasn't shared what he will set the retail prices to, but feel free to reach out to them to ask that you be updated with pricing. I'm sure they will set aside a box of plates for you as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael E View Post
    I wasn't even aware of www.schwarzweiss-fotolabor.de. Good to know they're there, and good to know that they carry your plates. I recently bought a couple of 8x10 plate holders... Hopefully, they will have pricing information on their website shortly.

Best,

Michael

Well Jason, there is nothing like run-away success is there.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

There a lot of 9x12 and 13x18cm cameras from the period 1895 - 1925 around - mostly with the standard set of 3 plate holders.
    I think your distributor will discover that 5x7" plates are exactly the right size for 13x18cm holders.

Yep, that and 9x12 will sell well. And Steven...I was thinking of you when I suggested whole plate.

Quote Originally Posted by scheinfluger_77 View Post
    Well Jason, there is nothing like run-away success is there.

More like a stroll-away success... I can’t quit my day job yet.

I've just bought a box of 9x12cm and another of 4x5 from Schwarzweiss Fotolabor