Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curious question

Re: Curious question

Interesting. I used to spend a Sh--load of time doing this stuff in the darkroom. I'll be really interested to see how this turns out - should work. (I no longer have a wet darkroom - or any darkroom for that matter. Darkroom work was something that I really loved doing, but time marches on.)

I hope it works. I always love when an idea comes together, but then again even if it doesn't. Better to try and fail than to wonder if you would have succeeded.

I recall there are a few scanners out there (Heidelberg Topaz?) that can handle pin registration for copydot work, but that is an entirely different setup from the pin systems used for negative masks. Your biggest problem will be maintaining good register/ stability of base both in scanning & afterwards as otherwise you'll get a whole load of horrors (think bad HDR). Luminosity masks (& similar) in Photoshop will do many of the same things & the registration will be better than trying to manually re-register a mask on screen. Making a darkroom mask, scanning it, re-registering it etc is something for masochists with too much time on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by interneg View Post
    I recall there are a few scanners out there (Heidelberg Topaz?) that can handle pin registration for copydot work, but that is an entirely different setup from the pin systems used for negative masks. Your biggest problem will be maintaining good register/ stability of base both in scanning & afterwards as otherwise you'll get a whole load of horrors (think bad HDR). Luminosity masks (& similar) in Photoshop will do many of the same things & the registration will be better than trying to manually re-register a mask on screen. Making a darkroom mask, scanning it, re-registering it etc is something for masochists with too much time on their hands.
    LOL, that would not be me (too much time on my hands that is)