Thread: What adapter, filter holder and filters would you recommend for my small lenses.

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

What adapter, filter holder and filters would you recommend for my small lenses.

I have three small lenses that do not have threads for filters, they are approximately 29mm diameter (if they had filter threads, they would be 29mm). Only one, the Ektar 203/7.7 has thread for a filter (?), it is about 39mm. What filter system can I get. I am mostly interested in using Graduated Neutral Density filters and CPL. I posted the same question somewhere in here, but I cannot find it.

Thanks, Pepe.
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

Re: What adapter, filter holder and filters would you recommend for my small lenses.

Older lenses were intended to be used with slip-on filter adaptors. These should be available somewhere online. Some adaptors were for the old standard sizes of filters while a few newer ones may be for today's threaded filters.

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

Re: What adapter, filter holder and filters would you recommend for my small lenses.

Thanks. I will look for them.---Update: I found them. Thanks.
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

FWIW My Kodak 203mm/f7.7 takes a Kodak Series VI slip on filter adapter.
    Just so future inquisitors want to know.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

But what’s the diameter of the slip on flange? Outside diameter of the front lens housing.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    FWIW My Kodak 203mm/f7.7 takes a Kodak Series VI slip on filter adapter.
    Just so future inquisitors want to know.

Pepe, you might get lucky as I did to find an auction lot of 'old filters, shades and adapters'. I bought, dirt cheap, a box full to keep a couple slide-on shades and filter holders. I made and saved an auction search that sent me daily notices by email.

Good luck to you

If these are large format lenses you don’t need a circular polarizer, just a linear polarizer.

Pepe,
    If you get a chance to attend the Bargain Camera Shows. http://bargaincamerashows.com

You can usually find older camera gear for sale at good prices.