Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Serious Digital Printing DPI

multiplex

Re: Serious Digital Printing DPI

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Casals View Post
    John, my problem is another one: the amount of paper boxes I've to spend to get a nice result , I hope I'll learn a bit...

Let me add that lightjets also are used to print (rather C) BW photopaper, Ilford Lab Direct prints in RC (gloss and semi), until 10" they use a Frontier and a Lightjet from there, but Bob prints also FB with the Lambda, allowing for a top Q result.
    i forgot about that high tech paper bob uses ! my bad ..
    you are right he IS a wizard ..

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Casals View Post

So I'll prepare a side by side, including Velvia with multiexposure...

Interneg, if you want I'll send you the test sheets, give me an address by PM.
    I think a more revealing test will come from negative film - it's not a DMax question, but rather how the optics handle resolution across a wide range of contrasts - TMX or Delta 100 might actually be more effective & will also remove colour management distractions from the test. It might be next month before I have time to do any tests, quite busy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by interneg View Post
    I think a more revealing test will come from negative film - it's not a DMax question, but rather how the optics handle resolution across a wide range of contrasts - TMX or Delta 100 might actually be more effective & will also remove colour management distractions from the test. It might be next month before I have time to do any tests, quite busy right now.
    Interneg, one thing to note is that at low contrast film has way lower resolving power, may be 1/4 of the one for high contrast, so in part it is less a challenge to retrieve what's in the shot.

RodinalDuchamp,

First off contradulations on finishing your Graduate degree! I finished mine last year and a huge part of my thesis revolved around my digital printing. Digital printing has a lot of pitfalls and you can sink a lot of money into finding the right paper for your application. Since I graduated I have been working with other photographers printing their work. Most digital photographers don’t want to put the the money and/or effort into learning to print.

What I usually do is suggest several different paper choices to a photographer based on their work, print several different samples and then with prints in hand talk about what would be the best option. If you are interested email me and we’ll talk about it. You could email me a couple of photographs that are important to your book. I’ll print them, mail you the prints and then we can talk.

Where are you going to graduate school?

-Joshua
    www.joshuadunnphotography.com
    Joshua@joshuadunnphotography.com