Hey LFPF gang. I am about 30 minutes outside of America's capital city of Washington, DC. People around here will tell you that they are from DC but crack quickly under scrutiny and then admit they actually live in the 'burbs. Just moved here from DC myself and miss the opportunity to photograph interesting things just in my neighborhood. Started shooting with my dad's Brownie in the 1970's moved up to a 110, point and shoot 35mm, 35mm SLR, DSLR, back to 35mm then to medium format. Spent a bit of time shooting nightclub photography in DC. About a year ago I learned to develop my own black and white then learned to push process. That HP5 looks great shot at 1600. I am considering the leap to LF as it just seems like the logical addition as I will continue to shoot the other formats. I might have an opportunity to pick up a Graflex Super Graphic with Kodak Ektar 127mm lens inexpensively. If not, like many other newbies, I am looking at the Intrepid. I will probably shoot pinhole with it for a few months then spring for a lens. I will do some digging on this web site for advice on which camera to buy etc. I figure to shoot B&W exclusively.
Thanks to all the contributors.