Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manaufactured D2 LED lamphouse?

Re: Manaufactured D2 LED lamphouse?

Jim's design and parts are very affordable and scalable to 10X10 or beyond.

Thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Pitman View Post
    I don’t know how similar D2s versus D5s are, but this might be helpful:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...d-for-Omega-D5

I know Jim is very satisfied with the LED head he created.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    The problem with this is there are plenty of heads around, but finding the lift arm kit is dicey, then installation is tricky to get right, so if the unit was not set up for it, not good idea... Maybe KHB has parts, but a tough install to level the head correctly...
    Do you have the arms? If so, you only need longer rods for the lift arms. USA hardware stores have the 3/8" rod. You need a hacksaw and SAE Allen wrench and two 3/8" locking collars.

Lamphouse alignment could not be more straight forward. Negative stage alignment is critical, however.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 10.56.10 AM.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	184316

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Go to Omega-Brandess and ask them.

Why wouldn’t you have a smart phone?
    Bob, with all due respect, you probably don't wish to get me started on that topic. My reply would be far, far too long for this forum anyway. I do have a cell phone for emergencies and occasional use when on the road or if our landline is tied up, but I block on memorizing the number (after about four years) and it stays in my briefcase (yes, briefcase, though not all-leather) 99.9% of the time. I don't like it and I don't wish to be reachable every minute. I spend my working days handling documents at an IT company. Though I'm all for technology in principle, I have relatively little spare time and far prefer to read philosophy, literature or poetry, or study art, than participate in so-called social media, etc. ,etc., etc.

That's the elevator un-pitch.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Thanks to all. As I said in my initial posting, DIY is not something I would entertain for this. To say that it is not my forte would be the grossest of understatements -- and a cause for uncontrollable laughter among those who know me.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Ulophot View Post
    Bob, with all due respect, you probably don't wish to get me started on that topic. My reply would be far, far too long for this forum anyway. I do have a cell phone for emergencies and occasional use when on the road or if our landline is tied up, but I block on memorizing the number (after about four years) and it stays in my briefcase (yes, briefcase, though not all-leather) 99.9% of the time. I don't like it and I don't wish to be reachable every minute. I spend my working days handling documents at an IT company. Though I'm all for technology in principle, I have relatively little spare time and far prefer to read philosophy, literature or poetry, or study art, than participate in so-called social media, etc. ,etc., etc.

That's the elevator un-pitch.
    I spent 40+ years in the photo industry, most of which in sales and marketing. Originally the company I started on the road with wanted me to call in 2 or 3 times a week, at my choice of time and days.
    Then pagers were issued and companies could reach me, when they wanted to. Frequently during a meeting or sales presentation. But I could call them back when convenient.
    Then cell phones were required and they could then call me at their every whim, regardless if I was driving or selling, a great way to reduce sales! The only times they couldn’t reach me was when I was flying or sleeping!
    When the cell phone came in calls would not be from managers or corporate officers, but from secretaries, interns, tech reps, consumers, dealers, ad account managers, suppliers, service personnel, etc.. it sometimes got so busy with phone calls that sales calls became untenable!

So, in some ways I can agree with your feelings, but the smart phone gives so many features and benefits that I can’t see using simpler phones.