Thread: Dallmeyer Shutter

Dallmeyer Shutter

I just bought an old process camera which is fitted with a shutter marked with Dallmeyer's name on it. Am I correct in thinking that this is simply an example of bade engineering and that what I have is actually a Packard shutter (it looks like a Packard) with the name put onto it?

Re: Dallmeyer Shutter

You are 100% correct.
    They are not uncommon.
    I don't know if they were a direct import, or whether Packard authorised someone in the UK to make them for Dallmeyer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

Many thanks Steven. I acquired this with the incomplete camera mentioned in the OP, plus an "Abbeydale" 5"x5" horizontal enlarged marked Sands Hunter & Co (but listed elsewhere as by William Butcher & Sons), also incomplete, for a low enough price to buy for the working shutter alone. Problem is that whilst I wanted the shutter, I feel that I really ought to do something with the camera and enlarger because they are beautifully built, even if incomplete.

Well, I've extracted it. Only markings on it are the Dallmeyer Logo on one side and '483' on the other. It measures a little over 8" square and the shutter opening is 4.5" in diameter. Needs a new tube and bulb (any suppliers in the UK?). Photo attached.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dallmeyer Shutter.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	184256