Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leica LF lens (?) :)

Re: Leica LF lens (?) :)

Thanks for chiming in Steve, that is a lot of good information about the lens and its usage! Today I mounted the lens to a Panasonic GF to see how it works of Micro43. It's been a while since I am in handheld mode and operating the Hector/GF1 combo is like hand holding a 400mm lens, very jiggly :-)

Thanks, but I hope I remember all this correctly, it's been over a decade or more...

I think I used to see them on 3X4 cameras, so I don't know what happens inside the rest of the IC, but maybe swirly wide
    open or just poor quality image... But you inspired me to try this on 4X5, something I never considered doing... Might have a special effect quality...

If I used it for multi exposures, my self cocking shutters are usually Polaroid, so one of the Leitz tubes screwed to it, but I was buying a large system of Leitz, Olympus etc scientific macro stuff at the time and was buying many odd orphan parts for 35mm & 4X5 macrophotography, so it might be an oddball part... (I have to dig this stuff out someday...)

Post your results about what the rest of the IC looks like...

Thanks,
    Steve K

Here are a few slightly more successful test shots made with lens mounted on a M43 digital. Obviously not LF but just a quick sampling of the optic. All shot at F11 at iso 800 with camera/lens on tripod.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tomato.jpg   bigyellow.jpg   leaves.jpg   Budha.jpg