Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arista Ortho Litho

Re: Arista Ortho Litho

Quote Originally Posted by tennjed View Post
    In using the 510 Pyro I have discovered it is somewhat difficult to stir developer completely into solution. There have been instances where mixing/stiring for 5, or even 10 minutes, and then allowing it to sit for an additional time, has resulted in visible concentrations- sort of like darker brown clouds- in the mixing beaker. I wonder if that characteristic had anything to do with the dark band? Dark band notwithstanding, I think I like the tonality of the 510 better than the rodinal.
    I like the on in Rodinal. As for the pyro, try heating liquid to get the solids to go into solution say up tp 100-105.

I like the stand idea. FWIW here's a formula that worked wonders for me 10 - 12 years ago. I haven't used the Arista Ortho Litho in a long while. This formula with the restrainers (I stole these from my E6 processing days, same theory) also works in the JOBO big tanks on 810 film. A bit stouter, 1:200 since I'm adding restrainers to the mix. Your results looked excellent though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    I like the stand idea. FWIW here's a formula that worked wonders for me 10 - 12 years ago. I haven't used the Arista Ortho Litho in a long while. This formula with the restrainers (I stole these from my E6 processing days, same theory) also works in the JOBO big tanks on 810 film. A bit stouter, 1:200 since I'm adding restrainers to the mix. Your results looked excellent though.
    The two images look pretty good, especially the brick building. I will be experimenting soon. I'll either come up with a good process or some worthless negatives.

@ Jim: Thanks for the link. If nothing else, this is a load of fun.

Latest, yesterday, Rodinal 1/500 for 30 minutes. I think it especially challenging for the film as ribbon was in very deep shadow. Metered at 30 minutes; exposed for 2 hours.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img985.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	184014

I have wasted more time (and had more fun) playing with cheaper film options and feeling like I was getting images for a bargain compared to everyone else. It's a flaw I have, among so very many others, but it has resulted in a profusion of pictures because I never ever say to myself, is this picture really worth a $7 sheet of film and then not take it.

I've used Jim's formula with success. I always figured it came from the little green men (those of you who know Jim will know what that means.)