Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canon Ink Supply

Canon Ink Supply

I have a Canon IPF 9400 and am finding it almost impossible to get a good supply of Ink on a timely basis. I do not want to stock each ink as they are $250 per set x 12 = $3000 plus tax and is not possible in my situation as a small business. I have many products and if I had a supply of each we are talking huge dollars.

B&H looks like they will sell a complete set, and when looking for single packs they are much more expensive and they are not in stock but rather say 7-10 days. Does anyone here know of a good supplier that has inventory and will ship?? I am in Canada which complicates but I am constantly purchasing from Bostick & Sullivan on demand and they are great and reliable.

Bob

Peter

Re: Canon Ink Supply

I buy ink from Provantage.com.

Freestyle Photo in Los Angeles CA. They usually have the in ink stock.

https://www.freestylephoto.biz/

-Joshua

I buy from Lexjet Canada which ships out of Guelph Ontario. 8300-8400 same ink. I now live in NB Maritimes.
    I always bought singles which were more $.
    Maybe we can find out who Lexjet buys from?

Don't the 9400 use the same ink/cartridge as the 6400? I can get a set of 300ml tanks for around 1500 or so. Assuming they are the same tanks, why not use those? Probably though even if they fit, etc, Canon chipped them to not work in the 9400 so they can make a few extra bucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    Don't the 9400 use the same ink/cartridge as the 6400? I can get a set of 300ml tanks for around 1500 or so. Assuming they are the same tanks, why not use those? Probably though even if they fit, etc, Canon chipped them to not work in the 9400 so they can make a few extra bucks!
    Not sure what you are saying here..

Quote Originally Posted by Adamphotoman View Post
    I buy from Lexjet Canada which ships out of Guelph Ontario. 8300-8400 same ink. I now live in NB Maritimes.
    I always bought singles which were more $.
    Maybe we can find out who Lexjet buys from?
    I will check LexJet.. really just looking for a supplier who stocks singles, Canon is so hard to deal with , my next purchase of a large printer could be biased by this lack of product in my neighbourhood. Epson seems to be more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Not sure what you are saying here..
    All I was saying is if they are the same use the 6400, if not then no help. But I see they are different shaped tanks. So this won't work.

I am speaking of a Canon IPF9400 series that does have a specific cartridge.

Bob, we are indeed lucky here in the US. I can walk into my local camera store and pick up cartridges for my Pro10 printer. While I realize that it is substantially different that what you are needing, I do realize that we are fortunate here.