Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eversmart Pro II or Supreme controller board

Eversmart Pro II or Supreme controller board

If someone have access to a faulty Eversmart Pro II or even a defective Supreme, that could help me a lot. In fact, I'm looking for a replacement controller board for my Eversmart Supreme scanner. Thanks!

Have a good week-end.
    Pascal

paskalkea@gmail.com

Re: Eversmart Pro II or Supreme controller board

Contact Michael Streeter, he is well renowned for his Creo Service and support

E-mail sent

Thank Leo, I appreciate your help.

Yes, I already contacted Michael for that.
    He is the man! he was very helpful, he already offer me to replace my defective Eversmart controller card, and this will be the easiest solution for me, but the price of a working controller board is simply out of my budget, at least for the moment. So I'm just trying to be economical for now, looking for some alternative solution.

I had exactly same issue with my Supreme years ago. I also contacted Michael and he pointed to buy a Pro II as it has same card. Cheaper than just buy a new card. Unfortunately these machine are harder and harder to find these days.

Are you able to run hardware checkup on Install program? If so it makes a log file that gives a lot of information of scanner that could be helpful if you try to send your card to some repair shop. That is a long shot but worth of trying.

Pascal, sorry to hear about your scanner and I hope you find a replacement soon. I'll keep an eye out for a compatible scanner for you since they do pop-up every now and then. What happened to your scanner/controller board if you don't mind me asking?

Pali

Mow and Pali, first sorry for my late answer and thank you very much, both of you for your answer. I really appreciate your help!

*Pali, it’s seem like my Eversmart can’t boot properly anymore, it happened one morning suddenly without warning just like that. The day before that the scanner worked perfectly. Now the status light on the operating panel, remain solid scary red and the mini Mac can’t found the scanner anymore.

I tried to switch the scanner OFF then ON a few second later but without encouraging results.. The status Led on the operating panel never get a constant green like by the past, it’s always red now, solid scary red without blinking.

*Mow, I tried to run the scanner checks procedure but first the mini Mac didn’t seems to be able to communicate or recognize the scanner anymore. Then suprisely the morning after all this, the Supreme started this time correctly, I mean the led on the status panel was green as it was supposed to be and the first two led on the left of the larger controller board were solid red without flashing.

So I took this opportunity to start a check test but In fact after passing the connection test, and shortly after entering the electronic test, the second test on the list, the scanner panel status light turned solid red again and the scanner went into freeze mode.

What I also can say is, that the mini Mac is working & stable, and after verification the firewire/SCSI Ratoc device between the scanner and the Mac is working too.

By curiousity I removed the back panel of the Supreme and I removed all the dust off the fan that I could. I then removed the controller board and also the smaller cooling board. I inspected them and cleaned the connection with air and reconnected back the both board inside the scanner. I eventually tried to run the Supreme again, this time without the back cover. I was able to see the led sequence on the smaller cooling board and on the larger controller board..

Anyway, now for make a short story, I contacted Michael, who was of great help. He confirmed me, that based on my description, it appears that the Eversmart Controller board, the larger of the two boards in the rear of the scanner is my problem. In fact the led sequence of the Eversmart controller board was wrong. When the scanner boots properly the Controller board should have two solid red LED lights and a one blinking green LED. And it wasn’t just the case.

*Mow, I also contacted different PCB repairs center, but it’s look like because of the complexity of the board they need a working one, for repairing the faulty one..

Now, I guess I'm just not ready to give up, I'm sure you all understand.
    I am in the middle of a scanning project. And I have to found a scanning solution, or a working Eversmart controller board for replacing my faulty one. Again, Michael already offer me to replace my defective Eversmart controller card, and this will be the easiest solution for me, but the price of a working controller board is simply out of my budget, at least for the moment. So I'm just trying to be economical for now, looking for some alternative solution.

*Mow, like you I hope I will found an Eversmart Pro II, or a Select, or even a Supreme for parts/ for sale.. The board I am looking for is the Scitex 503D2L026S controller board and it is the controller board who can be found in these three models of Scitex/Creo scanner.

*Pali, Thanks for keeping an eye open, I really appreciate and I need it.

Pascal

Pascal,

The board has several capacitor and if this happened all of a sudden, it is very possible that that is what it is. Can you inspect the capacitors in good light with a magnifying lens and check for bulging or leaks? You may also want to remove, clean, and re-seat the chips (i believe there are 3 or 4 total) that are installed on the board as one of those could also have a bad connection.

Good luck! I hope you get it working as the supreme is such a phenomenal scanner.

Pali

Hi Pascal! I have exactly the same situation (for nealy ten years I too talked MS then and the price was too seller market. Now I plan to check all capacitors on the board.

Good luck 2U and wish me luck 2.
    AL

Quote Originally Posted by paskalkea View Post
    I'm looking for a replacement controller board for my Eversmart Supreme scanner. Thanks!

Have a good week-end.
    Pascal

paskalkea@gmail.com

I suppose that you have already replaced the firewire cable with the best possible one. I had on and off problems with my supreme scanner for a long time and was replacing the cable with a mid-level cable which would work for a time and then go bad after awhile.
    Thad Gerheim