Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Tripod recommendations?

Re: Tripod recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by 6x6TLL View Post
    After watching sales and doing some more research, I ended up with a Novoflex Triopod kit (apex, carbon fiber legs, small mini legs for tabletop use) as well as an extra apex (the Triopod PRO75). Extremely well made, very light, can't wait to get the camera set up and take it out to shoot. The two apexes will allow me to use the smaller one for lighter cameras, and the large one (like a Gitzo 5 series) for heavier gear, or when I need to stabilize a long lens.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and advice, it's truly appreciated!
    Great! Enjoy!

After watching sales and doing some more research, I ended up with a Novoflex Triopod kit (apex, carbon fiber legs, small mini legs for tabletop use) as well as an extra apex (the Triopod PRO75). Extremely well made, very light, can't wait to get the camera set up and take it out to shoot. The two apexes will allow me to use the smaller one for lighter cameras, and the large one (like a Gitzo 5 series) for heavier gear, or when I need to stabilize a long lens.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and advice, it's truly appreciated!
    Hi!

Congratulations for your purchase.
    I'm interested in this:
    https://www.novoflex.de/en/products-...-segments.html

Is it yours?

Can you share a link of the larger apex (PRO75)?

Thank you!
    Kind regards
    Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by gimenosaiz View Post
    Hi!

Congratulations for your purchase.
    I'm interested in this:
    https://www.novoflex.de/en/products-...-segments.html

Is it yours?

Can you share a link of the larger apex (PRO75)?

Thank you!
    Kind regards
    Antonio
    https://www.novoflex.de/en/products-...75-3-bein.html

Yes Antonio,

that's the one, although I chose the one with 3 sections instead of 4.

Hi! Thank you, Jeff

Regards
    Antonio

Yes Antonio,

that's the one, although I chose the one with 3 sections instead of 4.
    Hi!

Thank you, 6x6TLL ... The 3 section is slightly more expensive and ... difficult to find in Spain.
    I guess is more stable too;-)

Regards!
    Antonio

I guess is more stable too;-)
    Antonio, on any doubt just attach a toy laser pointer to the front standard. By checking spot's vibration far away you will see whats blurred in the scene, if wind has an effect, at how much time you have to wate after inserting the holder.

The vibration of the spot tells what would be blurred in a slow enough exposure,

with a high shutter speed the blur may be lower than the spot vibration, but the it also depends on luck, as (at high speed) the blurr may also be lower if shutter was fired when vibration movement was changing sense

with that toy it's even possible to know the on film size of the shake blurr, to be compared with lens resolving power, just operating vibration amplitude with magnification (magnification can be found from focal and from laser spot to camera distance).

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Casals View Post
    Antonio, on any doubt just attach a toy laser pointer to the front standard. By checking spot's vibration far away you will see whats blurred in the scene, if wind has an effect, at how much time you have to wate after inserting the holder.

The vibration of the spot tells what would be blurred in a slow enough exposure,

with a high shutter speed the blur may be lower than the spot vibration, but the it also depends on luck, as (at high speed) the blurr may also be lower if shutter was fired when vibration movement was changing sense

with that toy it's even possible to know the on film size of the shake blurr, to be compared with lens resolving power, just operating vibration amplitude with magnification (magnification can be found from focal and from laser spot to camera distance).
    Hello, Pere!

I'm a physicist and I love the experiment you describe. I mean, it's the proper way to demonstrate, ceteris paribus, which option is the best. But I know my mind could derail following this path, hehe. Because, ceteris paribus, I know that my guts prefer the smaller option ... only big stability difference could tip the balance. Your (all of you) experience ...
    Thank you, I really appreciate your help!

Kind regards
    Antonio

Hello, Pere!

I'm a physicist and I love the experiment you describe. I mean, it's the proper way to demonstrate, ceteris paribus, which option is the best. But I know my mind could derail following this path, hehe. Because, ceteris paribus, I know that my guts prefer the smaller option ... only big stability difference could tip the balance. Your (all of you) experience ...
    Thank you, I really appreciate your help!

Kind regards
    Antonio
    To make the test more revealing, put several pieces of graph paper on the wall and then have the camera point the laser at the paper. You can then accurately measure the amount of displacement from the graph paper.

I know that my guts prefer the smaller option ...
    Anyway making no calculation, just watching what the spot does we know how the thing is going, this is important for light tripods !! There are several urban legends around tripods, the spot tells the truth, for $3...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    To make the test more revealing, put several pieces of graph paper on the wall and then have the camera point the laser at the paper. You can then accurately measure the amount of displacement from the graph paper.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Hi!

Sure!! Great.
    Thank you .

Regards
    Antonio