Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intrepid Enlarger Attachment

Intrepid Camera

Intrepid Enlarger Attachment

Hello Everyone,

Max from Intrepid Camera here, we have launched a new project on kickstarter if you are interested

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...n-35mm-120-and

The project is for an enlarger attachment that clips onto the back of your 4x5 camera to convert it into an enlarger, think of a modern version of the Graflarger with a new LED light source.

We are aiming this at people who would like to experiment with printing for the first time but don't have access to a darkroom or space for a big enlarger at home. It also works very well if you want to be able to make prints at home without having a permanent setup. It is surprisingly easy to get set up and everything square. particularly if you are using a copy stand, You can also simply use a tripod as the stand though and project onto some grid paper or a cutting mat first to get everything square.

The attachment fits onto any 5x5 with Graflok clips

If you are interested, take a look at the link above and I'm around in this forum if you have any questions

Thanks! Max

Re: Intrepid Enlarger Attachment

If I am reading things right, this project fully funded up in about half a day and is currently at more than 200% of the goal. Congrats! Looking forward to getting mine.

Intrepid Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug57 View Post
    If I am reading things right, this project fully funded up in about half a day and is currently at more than 200% of the goal. Congrats! Looking forward to getting mine.
    Thanks! Looking forward to getting it out to you!

I wish you much success in this cool project !!

Post deleted, figured it out.

Intrepid Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Shutterbug57 View Post
    Just curious why the £209 package is gone from the linked page. Glad I got in before that one disappeared as I need all 3 sizes of the negative carrier.
    Just had a look and it seems to still be there, is it not showing up for you?

I figured it out. As it is what I subscribed to, it just mentions that at the top of the page next to the manage subscription button, and it does not show in the options down the page in price order. The page probably figures you don’t want to buy the same package twice.

I don't have any need for this enlarger, but I did pledge for the cute enamel pin (and patch).

I would love to see you all push this idea up a notch to an 8x10 size.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Can you explain how to align the attachment to the paper plane? L

Intrepid Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Luis-F-S View Post
    Can you explain how to align the attachment to the paper plane? L
    Sure, first you mount your negative in the carrier and attach that to the light source. You clip it onto the back of your 4x5 camera and point the camera down. assuming you have correctly squared up your camera you can either rely on the spirit levels on the enlarger light source or if you initially project your image onto a cutting mat with a grid you can use that grid to check the projected image is square.

I understand peoples reservations about everything being parallel, and when compared to a traditional enlarger this set up isn't as stable. That being said in practise it is very easy to make everything square and get fantastic quality prints. We have been using and perfecting this device for over two years and have had great results from beta testers. It really is very simple and fun to use!