Thread: Huion light box experiences?

Huion light box experiences?

Hi all

I have read on this website some of you guys have tried the Huion light boxes. How are they? I am looking at copying my film with a digital camera. Are they suitable?

I have been a member on this site for sometime but I was using my ISP email which they had discontinued hence I created a new account

Many thanks.

Re: Huion light box experiences?

Can't help you with the Huion box, but this is the one I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    It's dirt cheap but makes a nice even amount of light. I'm camera scanning black and white only so I didn't worry about colour temperature. However, I don't think it's too far off where it needs to be because the RAW files I get from the camera scanning have a reasonable looking colour temperature already.

I have this one, mine does have side light falloff, but I see this listing now clains, 2 side lights. "...New improved Frame Structure with no side light emittance, Light input from two side and get even light..."area

Ideally we need all 4 sides to emit light.

But in PS a gradient filter may fix side lighting issues.

I use mine to exhibit 8X10 B&W X-Ray positives.

Quote Originally Posted by rdeloe View Post
    Can't help you with the Huion box, but this is the one I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    It's dirt cheap but makes a nice even amount of light. I'm camera scanning black and white only so I didn't worry about colour temperature. However, I don't think it's too far off where it needs to be because the RAW files I get from the camera scanning have a reasonable looking colour temperature already.
    Tin Can

You can see the one I'm using for camera scanning peaking out from underneath the scanning template in this post: https://www.largeformatphotography.i...ample-approach

As you'll see in that post, I'm only using a tiny portion of the pad so it's way overkill size-wise. I position the tiny window I use for camera scanning in the middle where the light is most even.

It makes a nice "light table" for viewing negs too so it works for me; for that purpose I'm less fussed about a bit of unevenness across the pad (not that I'm seeing much).

My wife was took mercy on me with my transparency sorting at the kitchen table. She gave me an Artograph 930 LX LightPad Light Box, 9 X 12 inch size for Christmas. It's great. I use it with both negatives and transparencies while protectors or individually with a cutout mask.

Michael