Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stuart Klipper

Re: Stuart Klipper

Quote Originally Posted by Bipin View Post
    Excellent work with a challenging format; [...] the side scrolling on his website is a bit... sadistic... though. I want to view his work, but he makes me suffer for it!
    Stuart is acutely aware of his decisions regarding display, and choice of aspect ratio, so I dive into his work to learn regardless of my previous expectations. That's just me. He is a kind and humble person. No sadism.

Haha, I only kid! Regardless of presentation, his work has really struck a chord with me, and it did so immediately. I can't say that often happens when I look at new work. Bravo!
    dboswell.portfoliobox.net

Find more of my work here, find more about me here.
    Technika V, Technika 70, Rolleiflex 3.5

His website is awkward. I like panaramas, some of what he did is good and I will learn and take notes as I review his work to see if I can use in my work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    Stuart is acutely aware of his decisions regarding display, and choice of aspect ratio, so I dive into his work to learn regardless of my previous expectations. That's just me. He is a kind and humble person. No sadism.
    His website works well on an actual computer monitor the bigger the better. I use a 4K 50” screen for his type of site.

On this iPhone SE it looks terrible. I can’t see shite.
    Tin Can

50 inch huh, maybe I should go 75in. Lol. That is a big monitor, who makes it?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    Nuybuts an iphone ��. 50 inch huh, maybe I should go 75in. Lol. That is a big monitor, who makes it?
    A normal 24" monitor but can switch to a rolling 50" 4K TV for use in my lighting studio with tethered DSLR. Handy for many things. 75" is hard to move.

I also use a wall projector while perusing B&W stills from Flickr. That's fascinating, lower rez, some argue we can't resolve 4K. Handheld gaming keyboards are useful for more than games.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    A normal 24" monitor but can switch to a rolling 50" 4K TV for use in my lighting studio with tethered DSLR. Handy for many things. 75" is hard to move.

I also use a wall projector while perusing B&W stills from Flickr. That's fascinating, lower rez, some argue we can't resolve 4K. Handheld gaming keyboards are useful for more than games.
    Cool.

I think that the point here is that a better designed web page would allow much greater appreciation of his work. The scrolling is a pain for those of us who do not have enormous monitors, photographs sorted by subject would be nice, etc. I like his work, but a person who is an artist should have a web page that is also artistic! The sadism is not in his work, but its presentation!

Baloney, you are projecting.

Maybe the medium is the message.

Quote Originally Posted by h2oman View Post
    I think that the point here is that a better designed web page would allow much greater appreciation of his work. The scrolling is a pain for those of us who do not have enormous monitors, photographs sorted by subject would be nice, etc. I like his work, but a person who is an artist should have a web page that is also artistic! The sadism is not in his work, but its presentation!
    Tin Can

I'm looking at his website on a 13 inch laptop and it seems just fine to me. The guy's work is legit and he's being doing it for a really long time.
    You could quibble with the way it's edited and sequenced but I like the direct simplicity. Schneider's gas station about 2/3 of the way in is hilarious.