Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Intrepid 8x10 experiences?

Re: Intrepid 8x10 experiences - MKII film holder insertion/removal

Hey there, thank you for this pics. So, basically, did you reposition the screws so that the springs sit closer to the ground glass frame? I noticed several millimetres of gap on my camera and wondered if I might adjust so that they are closer, but haven't gotten so far as to determine where to reposition the screws.

Also... have you placed plexi or other plastic on top of the entire back assembly, it looks like you have placed something on top of the spring arms.

Cheers,
    Risa

Re: Intrepid 8x10 experiences?

that's a ground glass protector
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RisaH View Post
    Hey there, thank you for this pics. So, basically, did you reposition the screws so that the springs sit closer to the ground glass frame? I noticed several millimetres of gap on my camera and wondered if I might adjust so that they are closer, but haven't gotten so far as to determine where to reposition the screws.

Also... have you placed plexi or other plastic on top of the entire back assembly, it looks like you have placed something on top of the spring arms.

Cheers,
    Risa
    I did not reposition the factory screws because they are screwing in a metal receptacle or something that holds them. Instead, I forced the spring towards the glass and placed a brass screw on the wood to limit the movement. Notice that after that, the springs are no longer aligned. Notice the brass screw in both sides, although only one needed it. I place the other in the other side for aesthetics.
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

Quote Originally Posted by pepeguitarra View Post
    Instead, I forced the spring towards the glass and placed a brass screw on the wood to limit the movement. Notice that after that, the springs are no longer aligned. Notice the brass screw in both sides, although only one needed it. I place the other in the other side for aesthetics.
    Oh yes, I see now. Nice fix! I wrapped the spring arms with a bit of gaffer tape, which changes the friction and seems to help (and also reduced the way the arms were gouging the wood). I like your brass screw hack, that is worth trying. Good!
    Thanks!

It has been a while since we heard anything from Intrepid about the 4x5 enlarger. What happened?
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

It has been a while since we heard anything from Intrepid about the 4x5 enlarger. What happened?
    One of the Kickstart options was supposed to be delivered at the end of May but the word is that it had been delayed to mid-late June.

I thought they had everything ready to go. Could this be a case of: Trying to grab too much at the same time?

Intrepid Camera

I thought they had everything ready to go. Could this be a case of: Trying to grab too much at the same time?
    Hello Pepe, we have been posting regular updates on our Kickstarter page, you should have received an email notification each time we posted one.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...20-and/updates

We were delayed by a couple of weeks, and are back on track shipping again, so far 65 enlarger kits have gone out and shipping of the remaining units will be completed by the end of July.

Best, Max

I received mine and already made prints with it, i'm content even though it took a bit long to arrive.

After taking 8 photos with my new 8x10 Mark II the focussing knob just fell off because it was poorly glued.
    Last edited by shoshin; 24-Jul-2019 at 03:09.
    “When we have no thought of achievement, no thought of self, we are true beginners... This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.”
    - Shunryu Suzuki -