Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Intrepid 8x10 experiences?

Re: Intrepid 8x10 experiences?

I just mounted a 159mm Wollensak wide angle on the Intrepid 8x10 MKII using a flat Sinar board. The lens standard mounts in the second hole away from the film plane. I'm not sure about infinity focus, but this can focus from about 200 feet away to very close. With all movements zero'd out, it doesn't appear that the camera bed gets in the way of the shot with the camera in portrait orientation. (One could always tilt the back back and then re-plumb to give a dropped bed.) I won't know for sure until I shoot a few sheets, but it looks like this will be a good wide setup. I'm really happy that I don't need a recessed board, as those make changing settings on the shutter more challenging.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Here's a link: https://www.polylinecorp.com/tenba-l...e-638-233.html I bought mine from B&H, but it's no longer a current model. Tenba's newer bags are here: https://www.tenba.com/en/products/sh...messenger-bags
    How do you protect the ground glass when carrying the camera the the bag?

Im thinking of ordering one of these cameras. It comes out to $702 Canadian on my end, plus duty afterwards. What lens boards do you use with this camera? I have Graflex Speed Graphic boards here, but Im sure they are too small for this camera. Adapter maybe?

The Intrepid uses Sinar-style boards, although they have to have rounded corners. I use a Sinar to Toyo field adapter from Ebay, as my 4x5 lenses are all on Toyo 110mm boards. (Toyo makes bigger boards for their monorails.) You can get an adapter for many different boards. My adapter had square corners, and so I had to file them down to fit on the intrepid.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

The big selling points of the Intrepid, are the weight, or lack of, and the cost. But I'd suggest looking at what you really want out of an 8x10 camera and how important those two things are. I was a KS backer and have the early version with bungee and plywood base. Use it once in a blue moon, not as much as I thought. I have a Sinar to Technika adapter so I can use same lenses with other cameras.

tbh, I find I use my much heavier Zone VI more, and just deal with the weight. It just feels better.

You'd be hard pressed imo, to find a good condition folding field at that price so there's that.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

I'd like to use this camera outdoors, and possibly on hikes. So weight is important. The 8x10 camera wont get a lot of use, since I have like a dozen other cameras including digital. I saw there is a Sinar to Graflex board adapter on Ebay. I'll probably get that if I go the Intrepid camera. And I don't want to spend a lot of money on this, so the Intrepid comes out the cheapest from all of the options so far. Im not sure how heavy the Kodak 2D is either. That was my other option.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    My Intrepid 8X10 is not quite a year old. This is what the bellows look like if I leave the camera set up for 24 hours or more:

Attachment 194194
    Why on earth would you ever leave your camera set up for more than a day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by C. D. Keth View Post
    Because they don't know. Why would you have it set up for longer than it takes to use it? L

Foamer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A really long exposure?
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Its simple: sometimes I do still life work that evolves over a span of 2 or 3 (or more) days. That requires leaving the camera in place during the multi-day period. You've never done work in that way? I suspect many of us have. To suggest that somehow this involves ignorance or naiveté on my part (Luis) is uncalled for.