Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Intrepid 8x10 experiences?

Re: Intrepid 8x10 experiences?

That's my situation, too, Alan. I have 6 8x10 cameras. 5 are great in the studio. One is great for architecture, but only my Intrepid is good for hiking. This is a similar situation to when I owned a Toho Shimo 45x, at least I think that was it's name. It was incredibly light, but it wasn't as versatile or easy to use and much heavier cameras, but it did allow me to go on week-long backpacking trips with 4x5. Man, do I miss readyload film. If someone made TMY-2 in 8x10 Readyloads, I'd pay a high price for it.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    That's my situation, too, Alan. I have 6 8x10 cameras. 5 are great in the studio. One is great for architecture, but only my Intrepid is good for hiking. This is a similar situation to when I owned a Toho Shimo 45x, at least I think that was it's name. It was incredibly light, but it wasn't as versatile or easy to use and much heavier cameras, but it did allow me to go on week-long backpacking trips with 4x5. Man, do I miss readyload film. If someone made TMY-2 in 8x10 Readyloads, I'd pay a high price for it.
    Did anyone ever make 8x10 ready loads?

It's possible that Polaroid put some bw film in 8x10 sleeves. Type 55 maybe? But I don't think Kodak did.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”

8x10 Polaroid film is available from Polaroid right now, apparently.

https://support.polaroid.com/hc/en-u...Polaroid-film-

You'd have to hit up eBay or similar for holders / processors, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    This is a similar situation to when I owned a Toho Shimo 45x, at least I think that was it's name. It was incredibly light
    I have a Toho FC-45X...that camera, along with a nice range of small lenses from 90mm to 300mm, is my main 4x5 backpacking outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan9940 View Post
    I have a Toho FC-45X...that camera, along with a nice range of small lenses from 90mm to 300mm, is my main 4x5 backpacking outfit.
    That's great, Alan. It's too bad they're no longer made. Sorry about getting the model number wrong. It's been awhile.

Current production cameras are a bit different from early production examples. The focusing knob is deeper, the front rise/tilt knobs are easier to differentiate by touch, and they're easier to use, flocking/light trap material has been added in a few places, there's a logo on the back springs, the tabs on the back have been rounded to allow easier film holder insertion, and the overall fit and finish is better.