Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Intrepid 8x10 experiences?

Re: Intrepid 8x10 experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by pepeguitarra View Post
    . I look forward to seeing the video. Thanks.
    I look forward to the video as well. I did paint all of the inner surfaces of the front and back of the camera a flat black which I feel is a good recommendation for controlling any scattered light that could come into play including the area inside the front standard outside of the area where the bellows are glued.

Another consideration: The focusing panel is very light in color. I was using the camera with a 240mm lens, some fall, and some forward lens tilt. There was a lot of focusing panel in front of and close to the lens bouncing bright light at the lens. I didn't see a problem in the negative, but I was using a very contrasty lens. I'm going to make the top of the focusing board, the one with the brass threaded inserts, matte black, as Chamonix does to minimize flare potential. I haven't decided if I'm going to glue black material or do something else. I'm considering contact cementing some black EPDM rubber, as I have a whole bunch of it, but I haven't decided. Obviously, holes would have to be made over the brass threaded inserts.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

First thing I did was black out my Intrepid 4X5 internals and soon sold it.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Another consideration: The focusing panel is very light in color. I was using the camera with a 240mm lens, some fall, and some forward lens tilt. There was a lot of focusing panel in front of and close to the lens bouncing bright light at the lens. I didn't see a problem in the negative, but I was using a very contrasty lens. I'm going to make the top of the focusing board, the one with the brass threaded inserts, matte black, as Chamonix does to minimize flare potential. I haven't decided if I'm going to glue black material or do something else. I'm considering contact cementing some black EPDM rubber, as I have a whole bunch of it, but I haven't decided. Obviously, holes would have to be made over the brass threaded inserts.
    Tilting the camera GG backward and pointing the base point to the ground to a degree with front rise and rear tilt lens panel in addition to ensuring the 240mm lens does not catch a portion of the camera base in the image it could also reflect any light past the lens depending upon the angles of the light being received. The other option is to simply take a small piece of black cloth and temporarily velcro it around the base of the camera in front of the lens.

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

Despite all the complains I have made of the Intrepid, I have the 4x5 Mk2 and 8x10Mk2 and am very happy with them. I do have other cameras like the Chamonix 4x5 (the best) and Kodak 2E 8x10, and Century 8x10, which are wonderful, but the weight and flexibility of the Intrepid is what keeps me using it most of the time.
    Glowing in the Forest by Palenquero Photography, on Flickr
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

Like!
    Tin Can

She looks like my second wife!
    (I've been married once)

[QUOTE=pepeguitarra;1510709]Despite all the complains I have made of the Intrepid, I have the 4x5 Mk2 and 8x10Mk2 and am very happy with them. I do have other cameras like the Chamonix 4x5 (the best) and Kodak 2E 8x10, and Century 8x10, which are wonderful, but the weight and flexibility of the Intrepid is what keeps me using it most of the time.

Its a lovely photo. Question: Is that some sort of light leak making those horizontal streaks in the lower third of the photo (most evident across the dress fabric)?

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

It is more like problems with the developer. This is another one the same day using x-ray film:

JimNoel by Palenquero Photography, on Flickr
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

Wow! thanks for the info

https://www.ericcampbellphotography.com