Thread: Linhoff Technikardan fresnel and ground glass recommendations

Linhoff Technikardan fresnel and ground glass recommendations

I'm looking for fresnel and ground glass recommendations for my Linhoff Technikardan (non S version). Currently I'm using the ground glass that came with the camera with and a fresnel (from my sinar f2) gaff taped on top of it. It works okay, but I'm looking for a more elegant solution. More brightness would be great too because i shoot a lot at night.

I understand the fresnel must be on top of the ground glass (closest to the loupe)??? If that is the case how will this work with some of these other options where the two are merged together. I really don't want to have to change the camera and use shims or anything. Ebay has many Chinese and even American no name sellers selling lots of different options. It seems many of the original 3rd party sellers have closed. Lastly I would love a Maxwell screen, but I currently don't have the coin to make a such a large investment.

Any advice or recommendations would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks in advance,
    Anthony

Re: Linhoff Technikardan fresnel and ground glass recommendations

If you have a complete camera as supplied from the factory then at each end of the gg there is a black metal hold down for the gg with 3 screws in each one. The middle screw should also have a short silver rectangular bar. Those are the fresnel holding bars.
    Are they there? Then note that you can push them to either side. Push them over and drop the fresnel, grooved side down on top of the gg. Push the clips back so they hold the Fresnel in place. Simple as that!

If you are missing them you can order a new pair from Precision in IL.

Precision can also sell you a new gg.

Look at how Linhof is spelled on your camera! Linhoff was a camera repairman in MI, Linhof is the camera maker!