Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Intrepid - Communication & Delivery

Re: Intrepid - Communication & Delivery

sorry no, just a random image from the web

Search for "camera screw" at bhphoto.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    Yes indeed. If you screw past the shoulder the screw just floats. Not good. My initial issue was the 3/8" receiving threads on the base of the 8x10 Intrepid would only take 1/2 screw turn and no more. My machinist friend confirmed the plate was too thin hence the decision to replace it. It appeared that there is lock tight on the Allen screw / nut combination holding this plate to the base of the camera. Expect some applied heat will release this connection so the plate can be removed from the camera. Speaking of which I am looking for a source of the screws you attached in your post. Might you know where I could acquire a couple?
    I had the same impression with the thickness of the plate, specially if I was going to be unscrewing and screwing every time I was going to use the camera. I asked Ben Horne has he would approach it, he suggested to have a dedicated release plated screwed all the times to minimize the friction. I got a $3. 3/8" screw from the auction site and screwed into the 3/8" receiving thread. This cheap screw fitted well, it did not float. So, I have a permanently attached 3/8" quick release plate.
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

Pepe can you please post a picture?
    I understand you fitted the screw to the release plate, but this would not work on plates where the screw can "travel" along a slot to adjust position. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea Gazzoni View Post
    Pepe can you please post a picture?
    I understand you fitted the screw to the release plate, but this would not work on plates where the screw can "travel" along a slot to adjust position. thanks
    I will get picture later. That is correct, I purchased a $3 screw short enough to use the full thickness of the plate and stay still within the threads.
    Last edited by pepeguitarra; 10-Jun-2019 at 18:15.
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

My order has been dispached today

Quote Originally Posted by RenoAmiens View Post
    My order has been dispached today
    Great way to start the day. You will be getting yours far quicker than I got mine so maybe Intrepid is improving their production and/or parts inventory supply flow. Hope they added some rigid protection to the ground glass for shipping protection. Good Shooting!

The ca mera was finaly delivered yesterday

I guess I'm part of the "silent majority."
    I ordered a 4x5 camera from the Kickstarter, the upgrade metal baseplate and the enlarger kit. The camera took a long time to arrive, but I've backed several Kickstarters and late is pretty normal.
    The baseplate and enlarger kit arrived when promised, and work just fine, as does the camera.

(FWIW, I own an Omega 4x5 enlarger and a Durst, but we just moved from our empty-nest house to a much smaller ranch, and I don't have any place to put them.

The company's communications with me have been sometimes not instantaneous, but someone has always answered my questions in a reasonable time.

So I've just been happily out taking pictures with my Intrepid.

I just thought it would be fair to post a positive experience.

I am waiting for my enlarger with no signs of it!!