Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Intrepid - Communication & Delivery

Re: Intrepid - Communication & Delivery

I did order lens boards and a lens board adaptor. They shipped out pretty fast in my opinion. I got it in 14 days from UK. I live in MD.
    They also did respond to email communications as to some clarification on fitment for a lens board. They took a day or two but did respond.
    I also did order an 8x10 Intrepid MII. They do send updates every two weeks on its status mentioning it is coming(building the camera) along fine. It's week four now. Will keep updated as to its timeline when it arrives. They seem to have improved on their cs over the years.

Curious, how much do they ding you on shipping to the US from UK?

According to my invoice from March last year:

Black Edition Intrepid 4x5 £266.67
    Delivery: Parcelforce Global Priority £20.48
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

They charged around $45 for shipping. It came by DHL and pretty fast. The bill shows a total payment of $622.00 for the 8X10 MKII. Including PayPal also dinged me $20 for foreign exchange fees. I think you can avoid that by paying by your credit card and the exchange fees should be lesser. I ordered 26th July and they shipped out on 9 Sept for the Intrepid MKII 8x10. That's 6 weeks to build and ship out. This may vary based on demand I think. I ordered a copal 1 lens board separately, and the shipping fee was 2$.
    Last edited by Abe; 2-Oct-2021 at 05:08.

Thanks for the reply! Catlabs in Boston has Intrepid 4x5's that they are selling for the price of the 8x10 straight from the UK. I considered it, but that is a significant price increase in exchange for waiting to get one directly from Intrepid. Look like I will wait for the 5-7 weeks and invest the saved money in Film, glass etc...

You are welcome!
    Catlabs seems to be making money
    I concur on waiting and getting good glass for the money.
    I got some lenses on Deardorff boards and I'm sanding the boards down to fit the Intrepid.

Dudes, Intrepid has shipping cost on their site

Niels

Status as of March 2022.

Ordered my standard 4x5 MK4 on Feb. 1st with a noted lead time of 6-8 weeks on the website.
    Got a DHL tracking number already 2 days after the automatic 4 weeks update.
    So 5 weeks from order until I had it in hand including clearance in customs (UK -> EU) - faster than expected.

The camera has been "documented to death" on youtube so there were no surprises.

I didn't have to communicate with the Intrepid team, so no experiences there.
    ----
    Niels

Short update from my end: Ordered some smaller items like lens boards and fresnel lens, according to the online shop all immediately available ("on stock"). After an immediate and automatic email response, I have not heard anything within two weeks. Small company yes, but finally also this is a customer business and it should not be too difficult to find a person dispatching orders. There seems to be a lack of interest to fix this situation...

Anyone buy a camera from Intrepid this year (2022) and how long did it take?

Hola from SoCal, anyone? Website says 6-8 weeks. Wondering if that is about same time. I know I can email them, but would first ask here who has first hand knowledge instead of a marketing statement.
    --