Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Intrepid - Communication & Delivery

Re: Intrepid - Communication & Delivery

I know the 6 weeks are an estimation, but it seems that the real lead time is far away for 6 weeks.
    In that case why not showing the real lead time on the web site , maybe it's not customer attractive?
    They have a large number of orders and too many people on staff! I could suggest to increase the staff.

I ' ve already send an email, and they didn't answer; this is absolutely not customer respectfull.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoAmiens View Post
    I know the 6 weeks are an estimation, but it seems that the real lead time is far away for 6 weeks.
    In that case why not showing the real lead time on the web site , maybe it's not customer attractive?
    They have a large number of orders and too many people on staff! I could suggest to increase the staff.

I ' ve already send an email, and they didn't answer; this is absolutely not customer respectfull.
    With my purchase, six weeks turned into four months, with no communication as time passed. I don’t know why they state a lead time they cannot possibly meet. It would save the customer some frustration if they were given realistic times.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    With my purchase, six weeks turned into four months, with no communication as time passed. I don’t know why they state a lead time they cannot possibly meet. It would save the customer some frustration if they were given realistic times.
    I ordered my 8x10 after reading your earlier comments about a greatly elongated delivery time and lacking communication and fully expected it would take far longer than they promised and that proved to be the case and then some. Toward the end of my waiting period I received some messages and passed back to the company some recommendations to protect the camera during shipment. No question they should put realistic delivery times on their website but I contend that there is sufficient knowledge among this eclectic group of photographers that should know the realistic delivery time involved. That being said I am not discouraged with the process at all even replacing the ground glass myself and working through a tight 3/8" tripod thread issue. I like the upgrades to the camera and feel it will serve me well in the high country of Montana, Wyoming and Colorado.

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    I ordered my 8x10 after reading your earlier comments about a greatly elongated delivery time and lacking communication and fully expected it would take far longer than they promised and that proved to be the case and then some. Toward the end of my waiting period I received some messages and passed back to the company some recommendations to protect the camera during shipment. No question they should put realistic delivery times on their website but I contend that there is sufficient knowledge among this eclectic group of photographers that should know the realistic delivery time involved. That being said I am not discouraged with the process at all even replacing the ground glass myself and working through a tight 3/8" tripod thread issue. I like the upgrades to the camera and feel it will serve me well in the high country of Montana, Wyoming and Colorado.
    Be patient. It is a good camera after all.
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

After consulting my machinist friend concerning the inability of the 3/8" plate on the bottom of my Intrepid 8x10 camera to properly receive my Monfrotto and Arca Swiss quick release plates, we decided that it would be best to remove the camera plate that came with the camera in its entirety and replace it with a plate that is a bit thicker and has two 3/8" receiving threads on the bottom. My Area Swiss base plate will be modified to fit the two 3/8" receiving crews on the augmented camera base plate. This will remove the tendency of the camera to rotate when insert film holders and keep the camera rock solid on the tripod.

That sounds like a good plan.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

After consulting my machinist friend concerning the inability of the 3/8" plate on the bottom of my Intrepid 8x10 camera to properly receive my Monfrotto and Arca Swiss quick release plates, we decided that it would be best to remove the camera plate that came with the camera in its entirety and replace it with a plate that is a bit thicker and has two 3/8" receiving threads on the bottom. My Area Swiss base plate will be modified to fit the two 3/8" receiving crews on the augmented camera base plate. This will remove the tendency of the camera to rotate when insert film holders and keep the camera rock solid on the tripod.
    You could even make a permanent Arca plate like this: https://www.largeformatphotography.i...=1#post1256897

How much is this and how much are these measures in their entirety? Why don't you simply sold a decent plate on the bottom?

the strange thing is that in the first version of the camera the plate did not have these problems.
    the base plate on the MKII is too thin and it won't work with the captive screws of some quick release plates.
    screws like this will "float" into the socket.
    hope they will eventually solve this issue by releasing a thicker plate we can buy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails captive.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea Gazzoni View Post
    the strange thing is that in the first version of the camera the plate did not have these problems.
    the base plate on the MKII is too thin and it won't work with the captive screws of some quick release plates.
    screws like this will "float" into the socket.
    hope they will eventually solve this issue by releasing a thicker plate we can buy.
    Yes indeed. If you screw past the shoulder the screw just floats. Not good. My initial issue was the 3/8" receiving threads on the base of the 8x10 Intrepid would only take 1/2 screw turn and no more. My machinist friend confirmed the plate was too thin hence the decision to replace it. It appeared that there is lock tight on the Allen screw / nut combination holding this plate to the base of the camera. Expect some applied heat will release this connection so the plate can be removed from the camera. Speaking of which I am looking for a source of the screws you attached in your post. Might you know where I could acquire a couple?