Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Intrepid - Communication & Delivery

Intrepid - Communication & Delivery

Hi all,

Are there people here who bought a Intrepid camera? What was your experience with the firm?
    Because I bought a 4 x 5 and they send it to me, but it could not be delivered. Honostly it was partially my fault because the adress I gave up was not 100% correct.
    But they send it back to Intrepid.

After, Intrepid send me a mail on the 3th september telling it got send back and they would get it back to me on that day (offering it to the mail).
    It's now the end of September but havent seen any camera. I have tried to mail them but I get no replies at all.

In the first communication asking if they have a tracking code, the say they do not offer this. But with such a package it is hardly unbelievable not to let it be tracked, right?

Re: Intrepid - Communication & Delivery

They only have like 8 people total and basically 1 (maybe 2) on customer communications. What I've found is they will reply to you but not promptly. However, they try to do their best to do right by you. Given that they're gearing up for another kickstarter, I have no doubt if everything else will slow down for the time being.

Give them a call or another email, they will get back to you eventually.

They are a very small company and, IMO, not well organized at all. But, they will do right by you. Keep trying to contact them—calling may be best.

I'm waiting for the Intrepid 8X10 now. In all honesty, I'd have to say it's completely your fault, given that you provided an address that was 'not 100% correct'. What did you expect them to do? As has been already said, keep trying to contact them with a good address.

On May 15th I placed an order for the 8x10 Intrepid. At the time of ordering the web site said it was an 8 week lead time to shipping. I’ve emailed twice to ask for an ETA and told both times “very soon”. I’m still waiting, and it’s almost October.

I understand it’s a small workshop with only a handful of people doing the work, but I am NOT a fan of the “overpromise and underdeliver” model of doing business. I’m very disappointed.

Like others, I've found them to be a bit understaffed and have to scramble from time to time, but that they deliver in the end. It took a bit of back and forth, but they sorted out an issue with my first 4x5 to my complete satisfaction, and I've been happy with the 8x10 as well. I expect they are thrashing a bit around the new Kickstarter offering (Graflarger-like enlarger accessory for the 4x5 + timer) and will settle down again shortly. Hope you all get your goods soon.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Brazile View Post
    Like others, I've found them to be a bit understaffed and have to scramble from time to time, but that they deliver in the end. It took a bit of back and forth, but they sorted out an issue with my first 4x5 to my complete satisfaction, and I've been happy with the 8x10 as well. I expect they are thrashing a bit around the new Kickstarter offering (Graflarger-like enlarger accessory for the 4x5 + timer) and will settle down again shortly. Hope you all get your goods soon.

Robert
    It seems to me that if Intrepid wants to build a positive reputation, they should focus more on meeting their promised delivery deadlines and less on creating new products for Kickstarter. I’ve yet again been told my camera will ship “next week” after being told to expect delivery by early August at the latest. This is not the way to generate a good reputation.

Intrepid Camera

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    It seems to me that if Intrepid wants to build a positive reputation, they should focus more on meeting their promised delivery deadlines and less on creating new products for Kickstarter. I’ve yet again been told my camera will ship “next week” after being told to expect delivery by early August at the latest. This is not the way to generate a good reputation.
    Hi Paul, sorry about the delay with your camera, I think Naomi emailed you today to say it will be shipping next week, to be more specific it will be shipping on Monday. Myself or Naomi will email over a tracking number once its gone out, usually take 3 days for the US so should be in your hands Thursday. Sorry again about the delay!

Quote Originally Posted by Max Grew View Post
    Hi Paul, sorry about the delay with your camera, I think Naomi emailed you today to say it will be shipping next week, to be more specific it will be shipping on Monday. Myself or Naomi will email over a tracking number once its gone out, usually take 3 days for the US so should be in your hands Thursday. Sorry again about the delay!
    Sounds like a pretty good follow-up to me. How many folks here paid for and are still waiting for their big D to show up?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis-F-S View Post
    Sounds like a pretty good follow-up to me. How many folks here paid for and are still waiting for their big D to show up?
    Hello fellow Louisianian(I'm originally from Lecompte, just south of Alexandria). Well, I'm waiting but probably not as anxiously as some. For my part, I'm gonna give them some time. Hard to do all they're attempting with no more folks than the seem to have. And, besides, I can shoot 4X5 while I'm waiting.

Kenny