Thread: Any groups/photographers in the Los Angeles area?

Any groups/photographers in the Los Angeles area?

I'm still curious about LF before taking the plunge, and would like to spend some time seeing how other people work, how it is in practice.

If anyone is around and would like to go out shooting (I'll bring along my MF gear), or wouldn't mind me tagging along when they're out shooting, please let me know.

Thanks!

Re: Any groups/photographers in the Los Angeles area?

6x6TLL: Hopefully you will get some responses, but since you posted elsewhere that you will be based in LA, here is another approach: at the top of the screen, click on "Community" and then "Member List." When you get to the page with the alphabetic choices, go to the right upper corner and choose "advanced search." Type "Los Angeles" in location, and you will get about three pages of members in LA. If you recognize any names from posts that interested you, you can PM them and see if they have the time and opportunity to meet you. If nothing else, you will get a sense of how many members live in the area. (I would help, but I'm 3000 miles across the continent in NJ.)

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

I hope some of my friends will chime in. I moved to the PNW almost 3 years ago now. There are several people who get together in the Alabama Hills, Joshua Tree, Eastern Sierra, Redwoods etc.

I'll be back in the area looks like March of 2019. Come north to the Redwoods if you can as I'll be working there for a week or so October 19th on.

Hi Peter, Jim,

I'll have a look at the members list as suggested and PM some ppl directly. Been out to Joshua Tree already, it was beautiful, despite me "only" using a 6x6 rig :-p
    Have also been up in the Angeles National Forest and found some good views and subjects.