Thread: Slight problem processing with Jobo 3005

Slight problem processing with Jobo 3005

I did two batches of 8X10 yesterday (my first ones) with the Jobo 3005. The processing was fine but the negatives kind of worked there way out of the tubes. The first batch, I put the negatives just below the lip and the second batch I put all the way to the bottom and made sure they were flush.
    All the negatives came out in a slight twist. There might be a small problem with where the negative touched the lip, but other than that they look fine.
    I tried to get in touch with Jobo, but the company that took over doesn't know much about this stuff.
    Any ideas how I can keep those suckers in place? I never had a problem with 4X5 in the 3010, but they have the "ribs" to prevent it from happening.
    It was processed on a CPA-2

Thanks

I've done many processing runs with 8x10 film in my 3005. Sometimes the film will end up peeking out of the wells a bit. But there has never been any physical damage to the film nor any evidence of uneven development or fixing, so I have to conclude that the slippage occurs late enough in the processing cycle - perhaps during the wash - that it's just not a problem. I don't worry about it.

I have been using CPP2 with 3005 for the past year and found no problem at all. The loading of the 3005 with ten by eight is so simple. I curl the film with emulsion inside, tight enough to place it in the tube till fully inserted, then let it go, it springs into position. I make sure the film/s is resting on the bottom of the tube before putting the lid on. To remove I put one finger and thumb in the tube taking the top marked edge of the film and turn it whilst moving it to the centre, the film is then drawn out easily. I have to admit Scott your problem has baffled me, good luck.

I have had this happen a few times as well. I think it might be caused by not getting the lid on evenly. This causes a slight rocking or pulsing of the drum as it rotates. This helps walk the negatives out. At least I have only seen it happen when I see the drum slightly pulsing.

Thanks for the responses.
    Larry, I think you might be on to something. I know the lid wasn't on evenly, it never is!!! Didn't think it mattered all that much as long as light didn't get in and reagents didn't get out. Next time I'll try to get the sucker on evenly.
    Thanks