Thread: Is My P2 Rear Standard Interchangeable With This one?

Is My P2 Rear Standard Interchangeable With This one?

I'm talking to a seller on eBay right now, and I've negotiated a price on this listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/232772206533?ul_noapp=true

What I'm looking to do is to buy only the standard, not the carrier. The reason I want to do this is because the P2 I currently have is a bit of a hack job. My standard carriers are real P2 carriers with the detents at the 0 positions, but my actual rear standard is the one from a Sinar X: it's missing the thumb screw that would allow me to remove the standard and replace it with a 5x7 or 8x10 one. I'm keen to replace the standard with real P2 standard, because at some point I'd like to be able to convert to bigger formats.

I've noticed, however, that my rear standard and the one I'm looking at buying are a bit different from each other, as aside from mine being a different color it also has rounded knobs with rubber coatings rather than the shaped knobs on that carrier. And critically, mine has a small flathead screw just above the Sinar logo on the carrier to remove the standard, whereas the one I'm looking at seems to have (I'm assuming) two screws on the right side that accomplish the same purpose. Given the difference in the attachments, is it likely that I'd still be able to attach this standard to my carrier? Or do I need to get one from the exact same version of the carrier?

Re: Is My P2 Rear Standard Interchangeable With This one?

you need to look for a rear 8x10 standard they are different than a 4x5 in the picture you linked to.
    you are looking for "Rear special bearer SINAR p 433.22" that will accept 8x10 and 5x7 format frames.

also, you should find yourself a Sinar code 1981 or later with all the parts and photos of them.The SINAR Code is a compact listing of the entire modular
    system of the SINAR cameras and accessories.

SPECIAL BEARER p2 433.52
    Reinforced lower portion of the rear standard of the Sinar p2 with shift mechanisms, asymmetrical swing and tilt capabilities,
    greater shifting displacements and a depth of field scale for the 8x10″/20x25 cm format.
    • Can also be used with 4x5″/10x12.5 cm and 5x7″/13x18 cm formats.

Oh, I'm not trying to get my hands on the 8x10 standard just yet, I just want to get a 4x5 one that will be easier to change out when I do manage to find one of those. Thanks for mentioning that book though, I'll have to see if I can find a copy