Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Opening in Rockland, Maine

Re: Opening in Rockland, Maine

Congratulations John, may many deep-pocketed collectors visit the show!

John, from the work on your homepage, the show should be stellar --- Bird Net, VT/Excellent!

Congratulations! Wishing you a large appreciative crowd.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1004181340_HDR.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	182991

Stopped in quickly this afternoon. Can't get much closer to the Farnsworth than this (brick and purple building). Really the prints look great. From making much smaller prints, I can sort of appreciate the skill and care that went into these! The gallery has plenty of other interesting objects of craftsmanship and art on display too.

Thanks for all the great support!

My exhibit is one large (and significant) print short until tomorrow's opening. Henry (Spencer) had just gotten it up on the wall on Tuesday (my delivery day) and then...oh...a large piece of lint - right under the plexiglass, dead center! Had to take it back to Vermont, and just this morning I took it apart to give it a thorough cleaning...carefully checking the entire surface with a bright, oblique light and closeup glasses. Glad I did this...but what a pain! Will bring it back tomorrow and get it back up on the wall before the opening. So...JP...please come back to see the "refreshed" print!

Looking forward to this, and to meeting any of you who can manage to stop by. And, seeing as how this is part of a "First Friday" event...there will be lots of other great openings for you to check out if you get bored with mine!

Good luck John is there a website that shows your work.?

Bob...you can click on my name and find my homepage. Seriously in need of an update...lots of work not featured, but you'll get the idea. Thanks again!

Some day I'll come up to Toronto and visit...would like to see your setup!

Best of luck with your show John.

Congrats John, prints are stunning at that scale. Haven't seen a show of prints that large that the artist hand printed themselves in the darkroom in quite a while. Hope the show is a big success.

I haven't made it up to Rockland yet, but went to the Camera Commons meet-up today and your prints there are stunning John! I particularly loved the Capital Reef Erosion print.

Great reception in Rockland! Stanhope and Spencer gallery is really elegant...well lit with great walls which fit my large prints perfectly! Many thanks to Henry Spencer and his wife Maureen (Stanhope) Spencer for helping me pull this off. Hope some of you who could not make it to the opening can at least swing by soon to see it.

And Xia...about the Capitol Reef Erosion print - that is a PMK-Pyro/FP4 negative, originally printed on the old Oriental fiber...grade 2 with split (Selectol Soft/Dektol) development. Could not get that look again for years but now have been able to get something as nice with new Ilford Classic and Moersch 4812 Eco developer. Here it is: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Erosion Detail, Capitol Reef.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	183120

This is a 16x20...now I want to crop just a wee bit off the top - and print it large!