Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Toyo field 810m

Re: Toyo field 810m

Quote Originally Posted by Dustyman View Post
    ...I'll add this: I also have a Deardorff V8 and an 8x10 Gandolfi Precision. They're also fantastic cameras and quite beautiful. But I'd always opt for the Toyo when shooting important projects in the field, hands down. Faster, smoother, sturdier.
    Amen.

I also have a Canham wooden 8x10 and a like new black Calumet C1 8x10 and like you I always opt for my Tan Toyo 810M for important shots as you stated - because it is quick, solid and exhibits silky smooth focusing. When you lock it down for a shot it stays put. The counter is that I can take the Toyo down with the same expediency as the front end setting up. I dearly love my Canham 8x10 and 8x20 woodies but they are 3-4X more cumbersome setting up and taking down relative to the Toyo. Sometimes on the trail or option for ULF you deal with the extra time but when you have a choice, the Toyo is my lead dog.

As previously mentioned, of all the 8x10 field cameras used over the decades, the Toyo 810M is excellent. Very stable, precision, stable and simply nice to use.

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    Amen.

I also have a Canham wooden 8x10 and a like new black Calumet C1 8x10 and like you I always opt for my Tan Toyo 810M for important shots as you stated - because it is quick, solid and exhibits silky smooth focusing. When you lock it down for a shot it stays put. The counter is that I can take the Toyo down with the same expediency as the front end setting up. I dearly love my Canham 8x10 and 8x20 woodies but they are 3-4X more cumbersome setting up and taking down relative to the Toyo. Sometimes on the trail or option for ULF you deal with the extra time but when you have a choice, the Toyo is my lead dog.

Smile Re: Toyo field 810m

Why does this (TOYO 8×10 MⅡ) knob have no locking effect. Whether locked or released, the board can be bent forward? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	221728
    Last edited by huangjie; 30-Nov-2021 at 05:00.

What is this red button for?(TOYO MⅡ)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	221729

On my trusty 810M, it is a red line. When aligned with the top of the front standard this indicates the position at which the lens will be centered on the film plane when all other camera movements are square.

Quote Originally Posted by huangjie View Post
    Why does this knob have no locking effect. Whether locked or released, the board can be bent forward? (TOYO MⅡ)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	221728
    Unfortunately, based on your description you have a problem with this knob. This knob is supposed to lock down tight as an integral requirement of using the camera properly. A recommended course of action would be to secure a copy of the party's schematic for the camera to identify the parts involved and speak to customer service at Mamiya in New Jersey. Hopefully they can recommend a "fix".

Thumbs up Re: Toyo field 810m

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Chaves View Post
    On my trusty 810M, it is a red line. When aligned with the top of the front standard this indicates the position at which the lens will be centered on the film plane when all other camera movements are square.
    Thank you for your reply! got it

thank you!But this is not MAMIYA.This is TOYO FILED MⅡ。I and II, there are some differences between the two models.Can type I be locked?I asked a few friends. They use type II. Locking and releasing do not affect the front tilt of the board.This may be a design defect.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Chaves View Post
    TOYO filed 8×10 MⅡ → Now the Japanese do not produce with brand-new parts, but are assembled with so-called inventory parts. In fact, it was assembled after the unqualified parts were repaired. So these so-called new cameras can see some defects and traces.

Quote Originally Posted by huangjie View Post
    TOYO filed 8×10 MⅡ → Now the Japanese do not produce with brand-new parts, but are assembled with so-called inventory parts. In fact, it was assembled after the unqualified parts were repaired. So these so-called new cameras can see some defects and traces.
    Buyer beware. Scams are everywhere today.