Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wet/dry plate holders for 4x5

Re: Wet/dry plate holders for 4x5

russo turisto this is the cheapest, easiest and definitely good enough way to modify a really cheap ALL METAL holder, most of us have them just sitting in storage

The video complicates things a bit, but you will quickly see how easy it is to modify with stuff you already have

Your problem which I do know from PM is the exact size of the Russian Plates you want to use, which OP does specify

Find that worthless film pack holder with a good dark slide and DIY

Good fortune!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostcount View Post
    Chamonix are well made and light - (I've got the 5x7 and 8x10). However, note that they are film sized so cut your plates accordingly.

If only needing 4x5 I highly recommend getting a Graflex 1234 holder - it is cheap (~$20). If you don't want to go through the modification shown below, grab one of Andrew's adapters.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...t=graflex+1234

Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by russo turisto View Post
    Yes, I have not seen these holders personally, but so far the plastic of the 3D printer stops.
    The ChromaGraphica double dry plate holders are NOT 3D printed. They are modern, injection molded assemblies, designed by photographers who are also engineering professionals.

Will fit 4” x 5” glass dry plates, and film with a film sheath adapter.

However, they are made for dry plate and film only. There is a wet plate holder available from Chroma Camera. It is *not* 3D printed, either, but is built on demand.
    Newly made large format dry plates available! Look:
    https://www.pictoriographica.com

Quote Originally Posted by russo turisto View Post
    Yes, I have not seen these holders personally, but so far the plastic of the 3D printer stops.
    Jason's dry plate holders are not 3D printed. I have a 4x5 and 8x10 holder and have been very pleased with the product. Highly recommended!

This morning I see a big increase in ebay Plate holders of many sizes

Seems like our biggest lurkers are watching
    Tin Can