Quote Originally Posted by Clieben View Post
    Hi Colton,
    I see you live in heaven.
    Haha I don't know about that but I do enjoy the company that comes around

Quote Originally Posted by ericantonio View Post
    Outstanding "SOULFUL"
    Thank you

Re: August portrait thread

I have a question. Everytime it seems i do a portrait (I practice on my kids) they come out pretty much middle gray, like literally 128 128 128. My last one I metered, compensated for yellow filter, but the daughter came out soft compared to my Harley she was on. The black bike came out black but her skin was that nasty gray and her features were a bit soft while her clothes, etc were sharp. I used f/9, Tmax100 and 210 G claron lens on 4x5. i just cant make it work it seems. I may try and convert it over again, even rescan. I could post, but it's embarrassing, but will if asked in order to diagnose which dozen rules I messed up.

Looking for how everyone sets up their shot to get grain free images that aren't muddy gray.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    I have a question. Everytime it seems i do a portrait (I practice on my kids) they come out pretty much middle gray, like literally 128 128 128. My last one I metered, compensated for yellow filter, but the daughter came out soft compared to my Harley she was on. The black bike came out black but her skin was that nasty gray and her features were a bit soft while her clothes, etc were sharp. I used f11, Tmax100 and 210 G claron lens on 4x5. i just cant make it work it seems. I may try and convert it over again, even rescan. I could post, but it's embarrassing, but will if asked in order to diagnose which dozen rules I messed up.

Looking for how everyone sets up their shot to get grain free images that aren't muddy gray.
    From the top: what are you exposing your film at; what are you metering from; what are you processing in & for how long? Once we have those answers, it's easier to separate if it's analogue or digital errors.

Tmax100. f/9, 1/8S, sunlight, white diffuer, developed in Tmax, standard process times at 20 deg Celsius, 210mm G Claron lens, 4x5. scanned at 3900dpi, Epson V850, Vuescan software, converted from raw using Coloreperfect. This not processed at all in PS or other program, this is starting file.

[IMG]201800526_0050_Working_Converted_20180820 by Steven Ruttenberg, on Flickr[/IMG]

I look forward to your PS version.

Do you have rear turn signals on there?

How do you like that air filter?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Ruttenberg View Post
    Tmax100. f/9, 1/8S, sunlight, white diffuer, developed in Tmax, standard process times at 20 deg Celsius, 210mm G Claron lens, 4x5. scanned at 3900dpi, Epson V850, Vuescan software, converted from raw using Coloreperfect. This not processed at all in PS or other program, this is starting file.

[IMG]201800526_0050_Working_Converted_20180820 by Steven Ruttenberg, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Tin Can

Her head turned middle gray but she's in shadow, no ? If yse, there is nothing wrong for me.

Look at the bottom of the jean's, I think her feet would have been light gray if visible.

Quote Originally Posted by mathieu Bauwens View Post
    Her head turned middle gray but she's in shadow, no ? If yse, there is nothing wrong for me.

Look at the bottom of the jean's, I think her feet would have been light gray if visible.
    yup - she's in shadow...her boots aren't and look snappy..everything needs to be in shadow..then you can mess with sliders...or everything not