Thread: Has there ever been a 5x7 or 8x10 multi-sheet film pack type arrangement?

Has there ever been a 5x7 or 8x10 multi-sheet film pack type arrangement?

I encountered a Graflex 1234 holder for 4x5 film and have loved using it to hold crazy things to put behind a lens. Was there ever something similar made in 5x7 or 8x10? Basically, some sort of film holder that can be gutted (or come hollow like the Graflex 1234) and then you can stuff anything you want in it? The only sort of similar thing I know of are the single-sheet Polaroid holders, which are too thin inside to be useful.

Re: Has there ever been a 5x7 or 8x10 multi-sheet film pack type arrangement?

Graflex made a 5x7 bag mag for 12 shots... it was heavy as hell though

There were 5x7" Grafmatic holders. I think I red that Paul Caponegro used those.

In the UK Kodak extended catalogue of 1934, there were 6 sizes of film pack adapter available. From 1/4 plate up to 5x7" . Kodak supplied film packs at this date for 9 different sizes (including 5x7")!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

Ansel Adams began shooting 8x10 Kodachrome film in the 1930s. Read that he had shot 3,000+ color transparencies in his lifetime. Have a vague recollection of reading that the Kodachrome he was shooting was not conventional sheet film, but in some type of special film pack. Can anyone shed any light on this?