Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helping the Forum

Helping the Forum

There is a way to give something back to the Forum that some members, particularly newer ones, may not have come across. For others, this may be a collegial reminder. At the bottom of the Home page are links to B&H Photo and Amazon. By using those links for our shopping needs, a small amount is returned to the Forum to help with costs.
    It occurred to me to mention this, since I had just placed an order with B&H a few days ago when I remembered that I could have done so using the link here. It's just one more way, besides our verbal and photographic contributions, that we can all help keep this wonderful resource lively.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Re: Helping the Forum

Thank you for mentioning this. I rarely visit the home page. Next time I order from B&H, I'll do so through the link.

Does it have to be a Photo Product related purchase? If not, can we click through and purchase something else and LF page gets the quarters for it?
    ” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Does it have to be a Photo Product related purchase? If not, can we click through and purchase something else and LF page gets the quarters for it?
    It works that way with Amazon. Anything you buy counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    We have affiliate arrangements with both B&H and Amazon. Any purchase made on either site via their respective link is eligible.

There is a link to the affiliate page near the top of the forum display, just below the FAQ button.

Too bad the forum doesn't have such an arrangement with Freestyle. I order from them much more than B&H since I live on the west coast.

Best,

Doremus

Great.
    Thanks Philip for the reminder.
    The bottom 2 lines: http://www.largeformatphotography.info/

The generosity of spirit in this forum is great, its warmly appreciated.
    ------------------------------

I have not done commercial Web design for eight years but it remains a good idea to put affiliate links in every global presentation. I do not believe most of our constituency visit the home page, then scroll way down to find the links. I leave it to the site designers to make the link persistent, ever-present, subtle, global.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    I have not done commercial Web design for eight years but it remains a good idea to put affiliate links in every global presentation. I do not believe most of our constituency visit the home page, then scroll way down to find the links. I leave it to the site designers to make the link persistent, ever-present, subtle, global.
    A link to the affiliates page has been in the navigation bars, just below the FAQ button, for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Doremus Scudder View Post
    Too bad the forum doesn't have such an arrangement with Freestyle. I order from them much more than B&H since I live on the west coast.

Best,

Doremus
    We contacted Freestyle several years ago. Unfortunately, they don't have a similar program.