Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New 4x5 'Standard' Camera

Re: New 4x5 'Standard' Camera

Cheers

Do or do not. There is no try.

It looks like rear tilt would be a very simple thing to add if the plastic part of the rear standard had the necessary threaded inserts built in. You might consider doing that, and also drill the matching holes in the metal supports. This would allow owners to make their own choice regarding stability versus flexibility, and even switch from one configuration to the other to see which they prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Goldstein View Post
    It looks like rear tilt would be a very simple thing to add if the plastic part of the rear standard had the necessary threaded inserts built in. You might consider doing that, and also drill the matching holes in the metal supports. This would allow owners to make their own choice regarding stability versus flexibility, and even switch from one configuration to the other to see which they prefer.
    That's more or less my thoughts on how to implement it. I am working on coming up with a solution that wouldn't change the hardware requirements, so people could upgrade/swap over to a system that includes rear tilt for next to nothing. It's super nice to hear you had a similar thought - power in numbers and all that!
    - Drew Nikonowicz

Best of luck! I'm not in the market for a camera but more choice is a good thing.

Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottPhotoCo View Post
    Don't let the grumpy old men on here discourage you. Dream big. If it fails you learn something. If it succeeds you learn something. It's all part of life and we all need to dream big.

I agree. And look, you already got over 70 supporters! Good luck with your project!

Neat looking camera, very tidy. While not in the market I also applaud your effort to share your knowledge and effort with others.

This is great. I love how you (younger) guys are keeping film and "old" tech alive!! Kudos to you. Hope this will be a great success. Looks like it's pretty sturdy to be carried around.
    --

Congratulations on reaching your funding target Drew. Now the fun part really begins!

Cheers everybody - I'm super happy we made it. And you're right Steve - I've already begun the manufacturing process!
    - Drew Nikonowicz