Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone wish to share field experience of the Cooke Series XVa Triple for 'landscape'

Re: Anyone wish to share field experience of the Cooke Series XVa Triple for 'landsca

Considering the price new in barrel is not that much more than current used prices, it makes sense to me to buy the barrel version new and find a clean used Copal 3 shutter. badgergraphic.com is still showing the barrel option on their webpage. That's where I bought mine in 2014. Took about 3 months to show up after ordering.

Re: Anyone wish to share field experience of the Cooke Series XVa Triple for 'landsca

December 2023 The used price is now about $10,000 USD . Is this lens such an legend that it is worth while to invest in it? I shoot 8x10 and 11x14 Wisner and also 8x10 Sinar, Alrca Swiss and Kodak . I would use this on the Wisner cameras. I mean I would love to have one but is the price goign to hold into the future? or are the images that much better
    I shoot Color in both Ektachrome, Provia and Some Ektar 100. Is the color that wonderful?

Yes I have many questions. It is quite an investment.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Torontoamateur View Post
    December 2023 The used price is now about $10,000 USD . Is this lens such an legend that it is worth while to invest in it? I shoot 8x10 and 11x14 Wisner and also 8x10 Sinar, Alrca Swiss and Kodak . I would use this on the Wisner cameras. I mean I would love to have one but is the price goign to hold into the future? or are the images that much better
    I shoot Color in both Ektachrome, Provia and Some Ektar 100. Is the color that wonderful?

Yes I have many questions. It is quite an investment.

Thank you
    I use mine on a Wisner 8"x10" and I love it. I pretty much only photograph in b+w. Personally there's absolutely no way I'd spend $10k on it.