Hi, I am working on my Beseler 45V-XL enlarger with the 8x10 cold light kit to try and get at least a 30x40 print out of it without borders.

Using a 240mm APO-HD lens with the 8x10 cold light head fully extended, I am currently making 24"x36" prints.

The problem of getting to 30x40 with the current configuration is that the image toward the column side actually extends beyond the column making that part of the image unusable and therefore making the max print size 24x36 or smaller if I want to stay with the 8x10 aspect ratio.

Before I detach the center column off the baseboard and figure out a way to stabilize that (wall mount kit #8562) to see if I can get a full 30x40 without the projected image bleeding past the center column, does anyone have experience with this enlarger to know if this is a feasible approach to get to 30x40 or bigger?

I know based on the math that I need 59" between the negative carrier and the paper with a 240mm lens to get to 30x40 and 69" to get to 40x50.

I am unclear if the Beseler wall mount kit #8562 will be all that is needed if I go down the path of removing the column from the baseboard and if this kit has anything to do with a horizontal mounting solution. Can anyone confirm based on experience?

Thoughts/tips/help are much appreciated.

Thanks

Tim