Thread: Cambo SC vs SCX

Cambo SC vs SCX

Hi everyone,

I have been using a Cambo SC as my first real 4x5 camera (I had a speed graphic that was in such poor condition it was hardly usable) for about 8 months. I have the opportunity to buy an SCX, which appears to be the pro "step up" model from the SC for about $150. I have a few basic questions that I only ask due to the lack of information online on the SCX.

I have quite a few accessories for the SC (Bellows, lens boards, etc.), I have no doubt that these are all compatible with the SCX, but I'd like to make absolutely sure; are they?

The SC sits quite easily on my Tiltall (the original Marchioni) 4602. Its about 11lbs fully loaded with lens/back/etc, however, I'm not convinced that the tripod could handle a ton more weight. Would the SCX be considerably heavier?

Thanks!

Re: Cambo SC vs SCX

Bellows and boards and backs; Yes
    Standards, rail and rail clamps; no

weight; not much more.

Quote Originally Posted by cowanw View Post
    Bellows and boards and backs; Yes
    I know this thread is super old, but I just bought an accordion style wide angle bellows that I figured would fit on both the SC and the SCX and, while I could very well be doing something wrong, it does not appear to fit the SCX... Thankfully, I tried it on the SC before packing it up and returning it...

Does anyone know why this could be? I've had a pretty tough time finding ANY info on the SCX... online... again, I'm sure I'm missing more obvious resources...

Thanks for any and all help!

Mine are interchangeable. Are you sure you had the sliding bar the correct way? In what way does it not fit?

Well, I can not triple confirm at the moment, but I'm pretty sure... since the normal bellows went right in, while the wide angle bellows wouldn't seat at the top... but I'm not so proud that I won't try it again when I get home from work ��.

It fit perfectly on my SC-II and everything else that I have for the two seems to swap... as far as boards/bellows/backs are concerned...

Quote Originally Posted by cowanw View Post
    In what way does it not fit?
    Checked again this morning, it definitely does not not fit the SCX. It seems as though the top channel for the light seal isn't exatly the same, or fro some reason it's requiring more force than seems appropriate to get the top to seat behind the slide lock. It's very strange.

Is there gunk on the function carrier side of the bellows frame? Face or edge.

And have you tried the misbehaving bellows frame on your camera's other three function carrier faces?

That's very odd, looking at pictures of SCX bellows online the light trap groove looks identical to the ones on my SC2. Are they maybe bent or damaged in some fashion?

Well… I can’t say what exactly is different, but I was able to get it… though I takes a bit more oomph than I’d prefer… it feels like the light trap is just a smidge smaller… though I will have to measure to confirm…

I guess the lens I bought the wide bellows for will live exclusively on the SC2… the gearing on the SCX would be great… but I don’t want to break stuff…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk