Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New 'Affordable' 8x10 camera

Re: New 'Affordable' 8x10 camera

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    I noticed that too, but I think that might have been because he had it on a flimsy tripod with the centre pole elevated.
    Agreed. A couple of times I thought the entire camera was going to detach from the tripod!

He designed and built the camera, along with the other Stenopeika cameras, so I imagine he's had quite a lot of practice with its' use :0)

Serious Amateur Photographer pepeguitarra's Avatar

I still prefer the marine plywood as material for these cameras. Those skinny pieces of solid wood will twist, shrink, expand, etc.
    "I have never in my life made music for money or fame. God walks out of the room when you are thinking about money." -- Quincy Jones

The camera that Cat Lab is selling is the 8x10 SE II from Stenopeika https://www.stenopeika.com/categoria...olding-camera/, the camera in the video is an alternative to the intrepid 8x10. In the regards to the movement anyone can see that the tripod is moving there is no way that the camera will move there is 4 bolted screw on the bottom of it to hold the tripod plate.

I am getting the X camera from Stenopeika 4x5 with aluminum base board look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEPDike-cNc and I am pretty excited about it.

I did lots of research as I was looking at purchasing the Intrepid originally but you can se lots of comments even on there own FB page about parts and screw loosing up. The Stenopeika seams to be a solid engine with proper screw and bolts nothing seams to withhold into the wood. I spoke to Samuele numerous time and he always been open to discussion and being very arranging also in terms of payments. I've tried to contact intrepid over the phone and I never been able to speak to them, I sent some e-mails and got a couple replied after they stopped replying to me (I was just asking to make some part payment as it takes 2 month to built the camera something that I find fair). The price of the Hyper 4x5 is very similar to the intrepid 4x5 but the hyper from stenopeika seams way more solid and reliable with many more screw. The back has also more movements. I think that the intrepid are made not to last and for a temporary hobby but I believe that the Stenopeika is made to stay. Samuele made each cameras himself around one to 2 cameras per month is not looking after the quantities but the quality with strong Italian craft. I believe in his work. I will post pictures when I get mine.

Happy Shooting!!!

Lachlan 717

Bolts on the base-plate don’t necessarily equate to stable standards...
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

As has been said the video may just be "a preview" and if that's the case then there we are.................but I don't think he did himself any great favours in the way he went about it, sure he wanted to demonstrate that it's easy to set up and use but something slower may be the better way to go

andrew

He recently added a new video about this camera, with a 'special offer'. Again, just passing along the info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr0Tgu2M8Yc

Looks Good! The Advance will have the precise focus!!!

Just got the prices. 699 Euro for the basic and 799 Euro for the advanced.

A bit more expensive that the Intrepid but much more steadier. People keeps complaining on there FB page how pieces are falling apart.