Thread: Cheapest Sectional Frames and Acrylic for Temporary Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cheapest Sectional Frames and Acrylic for Temporary Display

Needed to buy some basic black sectional frames this week for display purposes. There's a Hobby Lobby up the road from me, and generally they cost 50 cents per inch - plus they have a 40% coupon for one item that works every day. They are clearly not as nice as Nielsen or similar knock-off frames, but they do fine for temporary display in certain situations. They feel like cheaper metal or perhaps a different alloy.

Is there anywhere online that sells these basic sectional frames cheaper? Looking around tonight I found only framesbymail.com which is just a tad bit cheaper at base price - but if I only need one set Hobby Lobby is cheaper due to that coupon. Again, I'm not looking for higher-end frames like the metal Nielsen, which I have used many times for more formal showings. Instead, this would be a temporary solution to help display prints for sale that the buyer would then buy their own frame to match their decor, or would be okay for someone looking for a cheap and cheerful framing solution immediately.

Secondly, would anyone have suggestions on the cheapest source for large acrylic sheets that one could cut to size. This I haven't researched much, but I've found 24x48 clear acrylic online for $26. I bought that size today at Home Depot for $34, so clearly it is cheaper online, perhaps more so elsewhere. I used that size to cut two 20x24 sheets out of it, which saved a lot of money compared to cut-to-size glass (and not as heavy!).

Basically I'm wondering if there's anything cheaper than about $30 for a 20x24 sectional frame + acrylic, orderable online. The other issue with Hobby Lobby is they don't carry a lot of stock so they ran out of 24" sectional pieces .
    Last edited by Corran; 13-Jun-2018 at 08:52.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome